DMX Debut Single "Get At me Dog" - 20 Years Today

DarkmanX

All Star
Daps
How/why did they let the same beat get out like that....I had this CD too and always wondered about that

Outside of the fact that it was just a flip of EPDM's "Get The Bozack", as mentioned earlier, the original song was just a freestyle with X & The Lox
on a Clue tape. I guess it caught some fire or the label thought it would be a good first single and so he recorded his verses on to it.

Being a Def Jam artist probably helped him clear the song so easily too being that EPMD was on Def Jam at that time too (by '97 or so).

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Outside of the fact that it was just a flip of EPDM's "Get The Bozack", as mentioned earlier, the original song was just a freestyle with X & The Lox
on a Clue tape. I guess it caught some fire or the label thought it would be a good first single and so he recorded his verses on to it.

Being a Def Jam artist probably helped him clear the song so easily too being that EPMD was on Def Jam at that time too (by '97 or so).
The EPMD record and the X record both use the same sample.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
People joke on DMX now, but they cannot front on his 1998 run.

That shyt was incredible when you factor in that he had that run with the massive hype surrounding Jay-Z, Canibus, Big Pun and the rest at the time. Dropped 2 classic albums in a calendar year like that.