DNAinfo and Gothamist fired everyone rather than let them unionize; UPDATE: THEYRE COMING BACK

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Correction: March 10, 2017

An article on Thursday about the purchase of the New York media company Gothamist by DNAinfo, a media company owned by Joe Ricketts, misidentified which of Mr. Ricketts’s sons was nominated to serve in the Trump administration as deputy secretary of the Department of Commerce. His son Todd, not Pete, is the nominee. (Pete Ricketts is the governor of Nebraska.)

Fun facts

:scust:

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
This an attack on the people of New York, the media, and organized labor. It's extremely serious honestly.

The guy bought the Gothamist earlier this year and scrubbed any negative articles about him.

This is what Kushner has done and what Trump dreams of being able to do on a large scale.

Ricketts could have fired his staff, sold the newspaper, etc but he decided to just shut it down and wipe every article.

DNAinfo Buys Gothamist, With Plans to Merge Local Websites

This is a grim day.
Washington Post better watch out :sas2:

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
DNA info did a better job in local reporting ( Chicago):mjcry:

What a POS move:scust:

This an attack on the people of New York, the media, and organized labor. It's extremely serious honestly.

The guy bought the Gothamist earlier this year and scrubbed any negative articles about him.

This is what Kushner has done and what Trump dreams of being able to do on a large scale.

Ricketts could have fired his staff, sold the newspaper, etc but he decided to just shut it down and wipe every article.

DNAinfo Buys Gothamist, With Plans to Merge Local Websites

This is a grim day.

This shyt is huuuuuge man. Both sites had some great fukkn articles really explaining how things worked for or against people. I loved those sites.

This is the easiest/perfect way to silence progressive media. Where else are you going to get their information?

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
This shyt is huuuuuge man. Both sites had some great fukkn articles really explaining how things worked for or against people. I loved those sites.

This is the easiest/perfect way to silence progressive media. Where else are you going to get their information?

Yeah, I really can't understate how much of a big deal this is.

They were a great way to know what was happening around you. A lot of things I read in DNA/Gothamist I wouldn't find out about otherwise especially neighborhood specific things.

Hell this happened the night/morning they shut down and I heard trucks all night if I didn't see an article I would've never known what happened.

I can only hope someone will step in to fill the void. NYT metro is nice but it doesn't dive into local neighborhoods at all specifically. There's NewsChannel12 Brooklyn in my case but I barely watch tv.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State

Its a big deal because NYTimes and Washington Post simply do not do local beats anymore.

Everyone is chasing national stories and people forget the backyard reports.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
With a person like that in control, I wonder how long it would be before it was another Breitbart....

There will be repercussions for this

That's what these billionaires don't get

Trump's fate will show them though

Yeah, I really can't understate how much of a big deal this is.

They were a great way to know what was happening around you. A lot of things I read in DNA/Gothamist I wouldn't find out about otherwise especially neighborhood specific things.

Hell this happened the night/morning they shut down and I heard trucks all night if I didn't see an article I would've never known what happened.

I can only hope someone will step in to fill the void. NYT metro is nice but it doesn't dive into local neighborhoods at all specifically. There's NewsChannel12 Brooklyn in my case but I barely watch tv.

Both websites were great covering local news here in NYC. shyt is fukked up. :mjcry: