Do I have a case?

InGodWeTrust

Tall & Handsome in ATL
Daps
Was competing for a new position and got to the final interview and the female CEO accidentally CC'd me in a group email saying "I don't want to hire another male...think about it..."

HR and the CEO apologized and offered me the role. After a week they let me go. :mindblown:

Can I get a lawyer regarding this?

OfTheCross

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
Was competing for a new position and got to the final interview and the female CEO accidentally CC'd me in a group email saying "I don't want to hire another male...think about it..."

HR and the CEO apologized and offered me the role. After a week they let me go. :mindblown:

Can I get a lawyer regarding this?
Yes.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
You are lit breh blessed with a winning law suit, EAT! lol

No cap, first thing I thought of. The easiest way for the average American to come up is on a lawsuit or insurance claims.

OP, do you have any reason as to why the CEO didn’t want to hire a male for the role? Is it a woman centric work force?

InGodWeTrust

Tall & Handsome in ATL
Daps
No cap, first thing I thought of. The easiest way for the average American to come up is on a lawsuit or insurance claims.

OP, do you have any reason as to why the CEO didn’t want to hire a male for the role? Is it a woman centric work force?
No idea. I have the emails.

CEO email after:
"So sorry of course I did not mean any disrespect to you - I have only heard great things about you – and this was by no means personal expect that you are male!! That’s a little joke I am looking forward to talking to you tomorrow and you will obviously meet the female well you know what I mean! Sending love ___"

HR email after:
So sorry about this.. we all, and especially (name redacted )has a high passion about diversity and gender equality, and it’s really important to have that in the company and in the sales team..

This is why she sent this to us – obviously wasn’t meant to send to you.. :/

I apologize for this.. (name redacted) is a really nice person - you will see tomorrow on your call
72.png

hope it’s all good!

best,