Do y'all care about platinum trophies?

ULCYril

Pro
Daps
Lately I have and I need to stop for some reason every time I finish a game it just doesn’t feel finished until that platty comes up but it’s killing me my backlog is getting crazy still haven’t played nioh(next plat) go no way out,r7 ac origins and a lot more :snoop:

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Bayonetta was the only game I've actually tried for Platinum

Used to on PS3 until I played Bayonetta. Game was trash hack and slash but I was replaying all of those levels to get my plat. One day I stood up and asked why am I doing this.

Haven't plat hunted since.
Negged. :watchitchrissy2:

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps
I only get it if I loved the game and I am close already when I beat it. Do I care? naw but it can extend some value if I need a reason to keep playing a few hours (i.e. GOW)

If I stop having fun I stop though.

Like DS3 I had beat a few times and only needed to get the NG plus 3 rings and just didn't feel like running through the game again so that shyt sitting at 80% or something.

Deuterion

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LBC
Like do y'all go out your way to try to platinum games? Or do you just play them and not care? Only platinums I have are all telltale games cause all you had to do was beat them :russ:

I don’t have any and don’t even care.

DjMe

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I used to.
Oh did I used to.
I used to keep lists of games I wanted to platinum, games I hope would get patched with trophies, and games that I needed multiplayer help to get trophies in.
From the day the first trophies were inserted into Super Stardust HD, I was hooked. From there, it was the platinum in Uncharted, which I spent most of the summer of 08 trying to get. It, on the one hand, hooked me to video games for years, but on the other hand, fostered a weird completionist streak in me that was to my detriment when I would exclude other games and consoles that didn't have trophies.
But I will say this: I lost a tremendous amount of respect for Sony's gaming division with how they handled trophies.
No, not because I was addicted--but because they didn't DO anything with trophies.
To this day, it fukking IRKS me, it irks me to no end.
It's operant conditioning, to give you a little badge when you do something the devs want you to do... and they always hinted at their being more in the offing. They kept including trophies, in things like the Vita roll out, or the PS4, or whatever. But there was never that next step. There was never the "reach this level of trophy gathering and earn a free fukking tee shirt". Why? I would probably still be gaming, hooked up to an IV of mountain dew with no family, no life, just a single minded focus on platinuming Hannah Montana and giving all my money to Sony.
But they japped out and overlooked some of the most obvious aspects of it.
Quick: biggest Playstation title ever? Final Fantasy 7, right?
Why did it take them close to a decade to put trophies in that fukking title? Why? Seriously though... why?
The day trophies were announced, they should have had a team of ants squinting through their slit eyes at the wikipedia list for "best selling playstation games of all time"--and just go right down that list, patching trophies into each one. Boom: metal gear solid 1, here you go. Bam, FF8, here's some for you (this game STILL! doesn't have trophies, btw). Oh, Resident Evil 2? Here ya go, take some trophies. The Bouncer? Haven't seen you in awhile, take this platinum.
Instead, they just mandated that "future titles had to have them". Except when they fukking didn't!!! Don't even get me started on that shyt: Fallout 3 didn't have them for so freaking long after release, it was ridiculous.
Then there's the online component--games would come out with half the trophies online, meaning no one would be able to platinum it a decade later.
I could go on and on and on about this, but long story short: trophies were great, sony botched the execution though.

StretfordRed

Afro-European
Daps
If the game is good I’ll go out of my way to get some extra trophies, but I’ve never got platinum

I finished Uncharted LL last night and looked at he trophy list, and one was like: get a hand-to-hand kill, a pistol, and a long barrel kill in order in 20 seconds or less

I was like nah:stopitslime: