Do Yall Ever Start On A Beat, Get Tired Of It Then Start A New One?

Propaganda

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Yes, all the time.

That's why I suggest you create an "Unfinished" folder.

I go back to my "Unfinished" folder every couple months and find beats that I end up finishing and am grateful I didn't just scap that project session.

good call. keep'em if you can. and it's not even always that you go back and actually finish those old beats.

but you might find a cool idea/melody/sound/fx chain/whatever you had in some dusty project file and create something brand new with it.

Awesome Wells

The Ghost of Jack Tripper
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
Happens all the time.

I tell people all the time, if you can't finish it in that moment, you can always come back to it later once another idea hits you. Keep the bones, build on it when the magic hits you.

There's been a million times when I've been working on something and just hit a brick wall. Save it for later. Come back in a few days or even a week later, and listen again with fresh ears. You might hear something that you missed the last time, and come up with a new way to go about it. There are no wasted beats. Every single track can be tweaked into something completely different than what you initially had in mind, and end up being something really dope that you didn't even expect it to be.

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
All the time.

But atleast once a day I try to finish the beat all the way through.

Zaytoven challenges brehs to complete 5 beats a day.:ehh:

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
i've had piano and guitar riffs stuck in my head since i wrote them 10-15 years ago.. its kind of weird getting your own song stuck in your head.

anybody want to share something?

I sampled the drums from Prince song Mountains :wow:

Took me like a month to make it..I left it unfinished and came back and the drums felt good finally.

Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What I've been trying to do recently is make quick demos. So I'll make 1 or 2 quick ideas of melodies per day could be as short as one bar loops. No matter how good or bad they are, i just keep pumping them out. So I'll do that for a month. So after a month, say i have 45 ideas or whatever. I'll listen to all of them and pick my favorite 15 and flesh them out more.

I feel like that way you are exercising your creativity at first, and then when you focus on the 15, you get to exercise your execution.