Do yall know music artists that don't need features?

CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I was listening to "The Internet" and realized that they really do NOT need features. Hell, features actually make their music bad in many cases. I thought about it for a minute and thought it might make a good thread topic.

Y'all know any artists so good that features actually pull them down?:jbhmm:

Or maybe artists with a style too unique to vibe with most feature acts?:patrice:

I know Jcole briefly tried it as a gimmick on his last album KOD, but I think he couldve used the support. :manny:

The only names that comes to mind is maybe OutKast and a few 80s acts. Y'all know anybody else?:feedme:

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Nas doesn’t NEED features. Not even AZ, but he mostly makes them work.

Jay-Z us another one that doesn’t REQUIRE features but still has dope ones.

Lupe doesn’t need features. There are very few MC’s on his level who can hang with him anyway.

CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Nas doesn’t NEED features. Not even AZ, but he mostly makes them work.

Lupe doesn’t need features. There are very few MC’s on his level who can hang with him anyway.

Good picks. Enough said on Nas. Your avi says enough.

Lupe definitely has a unique style. Pairing him with a random pop. rapper just wouldn't work. Also, his lyricism presents a real problem for anybody trying to keep pace:whew:

I thought about him briefly but decided against it. :hubie:

literally 7 out of his top 10 best selling singles have heavy features. There is an entire generation of gen Z and late millennials that know him specifically for his features with Kanye and Ross:ld:.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Good picks. Enough said on Nas. Your avi says enough.

Lupe definitely has a unique style. Pairing him with a random pop. rapper just wouldn't work. Also, his lyricism presents a real problem for anybody trying to keep pace:whew:

I thought about him briefly but decided against it. :hubie:

literally 7 out of his top 10 best selling singles have heavy features. There is an entire generation of gen Z and late millennials that know him specifically for his features with Kanye and Ross:ld:.

But does he NEED features is the question. He held The Blueprint (only one feature) and 4:44 down dolo. Jay is as capable as any MC of ripping an entire album by himself

CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
But does he NEED features is the question. He held The Blueprint (only one feature) and 4:44 down dolo. Jay is as capable as any MC of ripping an entire album by himself
giphy.gif

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
One of things that makes rap what it is are collaborations and features

no other genre does it like rap
I agree. This whole no features thing is one of the whackest bragging things in tap. Rap features and remixes (in the past) were some of the things that seperated rap from other genres and eventually put it over the top.

letti cook

Superstar
Daps
Pac...a lot of his songs lose momentum if he has a feature after he already went....its not that nikkas are wack...its that alot of rappers cant match his energy...so if he goes first, the rest of the joint get real meh unless he has another verse

and yeah, Jay has proven he can hold an entire album down with little to no features