Do you believe that the image of black success has been manufactured?

El Coupeacabra

Diamond Teeth Samurai
Daps
Reppin
214/254/512/210/281
Credit to @ridedolo

He posted this

At one point Farrakhan says something to the effect of: the (jewish) media has fed black people a poisonous and negative image of what they are/should be. (no timestamp, I'm on my phone. Its right after the Eddie Murphy part)

So...coli posters. I have two questions.

What does success LOOK LIKE to you. Post a picture. Be honest.

Now, what brought you to that thought? Your upbringing/family/successful people you know/saw?

Images in the media(tv/movies/music)?

Or your adult interactions with successful people?

Discuss.

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Credit to @ridedolo

He posted this

At one point Farrakhan says something to the effect of: the (jewish) media has fed black people a poisonous and negative image of what they are/should be. (no timestamp, I'm on my phone. Its right after the Eddie Murphy part)

So...coli posters. I have two questions.

What does success LOOK LIKE to you. Post a picture. Be honest.

Now, what brought you to that thought? Your upbringing/family/successful people you know/saw?

Images in the media(tv/movies/music)?

Or your adult interactions with successful people?

Discuss.

It looks like I aint clicking shyt without a timestamp?

El Coupeacabra

Diamond Teeth Samurai
Daps
Reppin
214/254/512/210/281
It looks like I aint clicking shyt without a timestamp?
The video is a reference. I paraphrased what he said. I asked you to post some damn pictures not complain about shyt I already addressed.
Success is whatever you determine it to be.
Lies. When you're 5, success is eating candy and staying home from school.
At 15, it can be being the best dressed or most athletic at school. It can be preparing to drop out, it could be taking early college classes (or graduating early) etc...
At 45....its impossible to list all the ways in which you could be successful. But I guarantee you a kid born into poverty (whether that's the projects, a trailer park, the favelas, whatever) is going to have a different outlook than a middle class or a rich kid.

Your surroundings condition you to certain aspects of life. Nobody from the hood in Chicago wants to be an Olympic level Curler. If curling was on the TV as much as Jordan tho...