Do you believe the Anti Christ will an actual person or an agenda?

Rhapture

♊Dogset Emperor and Sociopathic Socialite ♊
Supporter
Daps
There are probably many anti-christs. For instance, Muhammad is an anti-christ, because everything he revealed was directly opposite of what Christ taught, he just may not be the anti-christ.
I was reading an article earlier that said something similar
Screenshot-20230606-105508-Chrome

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
A person.

2 Thessalonians 2:3-10 KJV
Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; [4] Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God. [5] Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things? [6] And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time. [7] For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way. [8] And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming: [9] Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders, [10] And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
The authenticity of this epistle is still in widespread dispute. As Professor Ernest Best, New Testament scholar, explains the problem:
f we only possessed Second Thessalonians few scholars would doubt that Paul wrote it; but when Second Thessalonians is put alongside First Thessalonians then doubts appear. There is a great dissimilarity between the two; this is not only one of words, small phrases and concepts but extends to the total structure of the two letters which is in addition different from what is taken to be the standard Pauline form. At the same time the second letter is alleged to be less intimate and personal in tone than the first, and in some of its teaching, particularly in relation to eschatology, to conflict with the first.

"Blessed are you when men revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely on my account. Rejoice and be glad, for your reward is great in heaven, for so men persecuted the prophets who were before you.

Rhapture

Supporter
Daps
A person.

2 Thessalonians 2:3-10 KJV
Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; [4] Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God. [5] Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things? [6] And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time. [7] For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way. [8] And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming: [9] Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders, [10] And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

Question​

Is the antichrist human as in flesh and blood or is he a spirit being?

Answer​

Only John mentions the idea of antichrist (1 John 2:18; 2:22; 4:3; 2 John 7), and his letters antichrist does not seem to be any particular individual. There are also some textual variants that confuse the issue, some texts provide "the antichrist" in certain verses while others provide only "antichrist." Without the article "the," the idea of "antichrist" appears to be a generic description rather than the title of an identifiable entity.

Assuming the correctness of the most current versions of the Greek New Testament (UBS 4th edition), John mentions "the" antichrist in 1 John 2:22; 4:3 and 2 John 7. However, all of these texts describe "the" antichrist in terms that can be applied to many different people simultaneously:

• "The" antichrist denies that Jesus is the Christ, and denies the Father and the Son (1 John 2:22).
  • The spirit of "the" antichrist does not confess that Jesus is from God (1 John 4:3).
  • "The" antichrist denies that Jesus came in the flesh (2 John 7).
Moreover, in every verse which mentions "antichrist," the numerically singular idea "antichrist" relates directly to a multiplicity of individuals, not just to one person:

• "Many" antichrists have arisen (1 John 2:18), to whom John refers as "they" (1 John 2:19).
  • The antichrist is anyone who denies that Jesus is the Christ, or who denies the Father and the Son (1 John 2:22). John makes this clear by referring to these people with the Greek word pas (all) in 1 John 2:23. Most translations render this with "no one" or "whoever." In so doing they are attempting to capture the flavor of the language in English. But a more literal translation of the opening words of 1 John 2:23 would be "everyone who denies."
  • "Every" (pas) spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is "the spirit of the antichrist" (1 John 4:3).
  • The antichrist includes "many" deceivers (2 John 7).
The fact that each verse refers to a multiplicity of persons who may be called "antichrist" indicates to me that the textual variants are not terribly significant. Even if 1 John 2:18 should be translated "the antichrist is coming," the idea of "antichrist" still refers to "many" even in that verse.

Thus, I don't think there is an individual, or even a visibly united group of individuals or an institution, that is "the" antichrist to the exclusion of all others. Rather, it seems to me that John uses the term "antichrist" to refer to a sentiment or stance against the fundamental truths about the person of Christ.

invalid

Banned
Daps
I was reading an article earlier that said something similar
Screenshot-20230606-105508-Chrome

There some truth here. But the way the author characterizes "the oppressive religion of Islam" without acknowledging Christianity being equally, if not more oppressive, gives me pause.

That's why I tend to focus on the teachings of the respective founders. The Bible says "by their fruits you shall know them." But we live in a fallen world and even the fruits can be deceptive.

CouldntBeMeTho

Clarence Pawlicker
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dog Shooting Squad Of Islamabad

Rhapture

Supporter
Daps
Neither . We'll be devoured by our own creations. See pollution, social media and or AI.

That's my pick too, eventually it will just take one lone mad man to destroy the world, we see how that goes now
But couldn't social media and Artificial intelligence be anti christ? I mean look at grumpy cat. She was a social media icon and she was very dark sided