Do you guys like your job or the lifestyle that comes with it ?

Daps
Speak on it

:ehh:

Do you guys actually believe in the company and feel like you're an integral part of the process or do you go through the motions and enjoy life more outside the office ? But since the money from work allows you to enjoy those things then you enjoy working ?
:patrice:

Pacni99a12

All Star
Daps
I work in the software/IT field and I make pretty good money, but Im at the point where Im getting tired of the stress and the whole 9-5 grind. I was thinking of buying another new car, but Im leaning towards just stacking and investing my money and possibly quitting in a year. I paid off my loans, car note and mortgage PMI so I dont need to make a ton of money anymore. Trying to use this year to find something independent to make enough money to get by

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
The money I make at work allows me to go to school, meet girls, and have fun plus IT pays very well and I don't have to be outside :ehh:

Daps
I'm currently a full time time student and chief janitorial scientist at an events center. I work at my school so its convenient but its terrible pay I've gotta take more loans out just to keep from going homeless out here. Hopefully I win the lottery and pay my loans.

FocusedDaily

Chi-town's Hero
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South-side Chi
I used to LOVE my job. I"m a tech consultant/process analyst for an old money company.

It used to be so great working here, but the culture is changing as the older heads retire and It's less and less interesting.
Solving problems was great when I had budgets and resources to do thing the way they should be, Now the penny pinching culture we're moving towards is killing my vibe. Like an issue that came up this week, did my work and came back with a budget of only 20-25k and an 8 week development and testing timeline(using an offshore resource). 5 years ago I'd have had the money allocated on the spot. Now ? They're going to drag their feet for at least another month and have 6 more meetings before it happens.

If I hear, "we've got to do more with less" again, I might cuss somebody out.

bucks3115

Superstar
Daps
I'm a Sys Admin, I don't hate my job but honestly it's just a paycheck. :yeshrug:

I wouldn't work a 9-5 if I didn't have to, but since I do I'm good where I'm at. Good benefits and a lot of holiday/vacation/sick time.

Im doin iT
I want to be sys admin
Can you tell me what ur job consist of
On daily basis

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
Im doin iT
I want to be sys admin
Can you tell me what ur job consist of
On daily basis

I'm a Sys Admin/Engineer and most of my day consists of project planning/implementation, maintaining server/network services, and delegating tasks to the junior admins and front-line support. It doesn't feel like work to me since I wanted to be an IT Professional since childhood. My personal and professional goals now are geared towards expanding and upgrading our ailing Linux cluster and adjoining workstations.

It wasn't easy to get to this point, lots of unpleasant tech jobs I had to endure initially.

With all that said, I love my career and couldn't really imagine doing anything else.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hate this job, man. Part of it is because my bootcamp left me unprepared. But they also provide ZERO training at this place. The Glassdoor reviews were 100% accurate, and I should have given them more consideration. The pay is decent, as are the benefits. But there is so much disorganization going on. In 6 months, I've been on three different teams. Each team has come with a completely different project/code base, so basically starting from scratch with each switch. And they have changed their business processes multiple times. A Fortune 500 that wants to play like the big boys but still try to cling on to some mirage of being a start-up culture. I am used to direct customer/client interactions, and they finessed me into believing I would have some of those opportunities here. Bout to just end my grad school deferment and get the certificate to practice school social work. IT for me represented a way to connect youth to a promising career. Since I have teaching, advising, and counseling experience, I can leverage my role as a School Social Worker into an opportunity to teach 2 courses: 1.) College and Career Prep and 2.) Social-Emotional Development/Life Skills.