Do YOU have a "Professional" Looking Jumpshot Form?

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl, Ga by way of Alabama
I remember awhile back when I was working in a youth detention center I was observing the kids shooting basketball in the gym. Not an actual game, just shooting.

You can tell most of them were terrible at ball just by their jumpshot form. But there was 1 kid who stood out to me. He stood out because his jumpshot form looked "professional". Very nice form. I could tell just by his shot form that he had organized basketball experience. I later talked to him and it turned out that he played on his Varsity high school team.

You can tell alot off rip just by how a person shoots the ball. I mean some people look flat out stupid when shooting a basketball. Hell, I guess that would be the MAJORITY of the population would if you randomly gave them a bball and told em to shoot.

I know there's dudes in the pros who got funky jumpsuits but most times they aren't "shooters" or they're big men whose hands are too big for the ball.

So how does your jump shot look? Would we assume you could ball off the strength of your jump shot form or would we assume you're trash on some

sqoLqJb.gif

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
I played ball so my jumper is by the book, textbook form. Lead foot to the basket, body tilted to the side, elbow lined with the basket, ball released from the fingertips. I struggle finding the right lift on my shot tho. Also im a lefty so pullups from a left hand dribble are tough.

I think most people who have a funky jumpshot never tried to shoot it the correct way so when they do it feels alien and unnatural to them.

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Perfect hand placement

Middle finger always the last one to touch the ball

Slight leg kick like Kobe :wow:

My jumper look good but I’m a perimeter defense player. If I was a foot taller no doubt I would have been playing in at least the d league or overseas :ld:

Daps
Reppin
Metro Atlanta
I started improving mine back in high school when I bought those Better Basketball DVD's. I didn't realize how terrible my shooting form was until I watched those :mjcry: