bonus:
dolphin-and-tiger.jpg

Lifer11

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
we're animals, we shyt, we fukk, we piss, we get territorial

the only reason some people think we aren't is because society keeps a lot of us civilized, if we were at the beck and call of "the wild" you'd see what human nature really is at its base level, survival of the fittest doesn't care about morality, but with technology and organized societies we've been able to get above that savagery (for the most part)

I agree there is an animal instinct that is a part of all of us and our human nature, but obviously there is a higher intelligence/enlightened side to humanity that has created the technology and organized societies you speak of. To me our Higher/enlightened nature = God (good), and our lower/animal instincts = Devil or "The Beast" (evil) <----religious propaganda in my eyes, as it is a part of all of us, when we discover this if we choose to use this knowledge to deceive and manipulate then I believe that is evil in the religious sense of the word.

To sum it up basically I believe our flesh is The Beast or the animal, and our consciousness or our spirit/mind/soul is God inhabiting this beast (this is how one can have "eyes to see, and ears to hear", we are not our eyes or ears, or any part of our body, we have eyes and ears and a body, a spiritual being inhabiting a physical entity). Some allow the animal instinct to control them, others use their mind to control the animal instinct, I believe harmony, happiness, and ultimately achieving success lies in one's ability to control the mind and in turn the body/Beast, utilizing the animal instinct when necessary (turning anger into the motivation and fuel to push through, using hatred of true evil as the driving force to fight for what we love and believe in--this is the concept of the dualities at work, the yin and yang, bad with the good, gift and the curse etc). Truthfully though, at the end of the day my biggest cause of anxiety is the realization of my own ignorance..so what the hell do I really know? Hahah

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I agree there is an animal instinct that is a part of all of us and our human nature, but obviously there is a higher intelligence/enlightened side to humanity that has created the technology and organized societies you speak of. To me our Higher/enlightened nature = God (good), and our lower/animal instincts = Devil or "The Beast" (evil) <----religious propaganda in my eyes, as it is a part of all of us, when we discover this if we choose to use this knowledge to deceive and manipulate then I believe that is evil in the religious sense of the word.
i disagree. we began organizing into tribes and societies because it's advantageous to survival. scientists theorized the reason Neanderthals went extinct was because they were more solitary. it's evolutionarily advantageous to be nice to people we know and to work together, but I wonder what happens when an "outsider" encroaches, morality goes out the window most times