Do you think Angela Bassett sabatoged her own career?

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
again, she's still considered a bankable A-list movie star; in Kidnap she's the only star if i'm not mistaken, and that is getting a theatrical release.

I understand you're trying to make a point - but no thinking person would argue that as being a career on it's downward cycle

:jbhmm:as it pertains to Halle Berry, are you arguing your opinion or are you arguing reality?

your opinion is that she is trash....the reality is that she is still getting A list hollywood work as a leading lady too. <<<that's not a true statement? :gucci:

:bryan:

Kidnap has been delayed five times. That shyt is not A-list Hollywood work. It's a C-list role made by a F-list director, that can't find a release date because the distribution company that has it's rights is going through bankruptcy. And Halle is executive producer on it as well. She's out there trying to fund her own films from small studios because that's the only lead work she can do at this point.

You honestly have no idea what "A-list" or "lead actress" actually means. Cloud Atlas, Movie 43, and New Years Eve are the only films she's done in nearly 15 years that you could try to argue, and each of them are huge ensembles meant to make it's bank from the other people on the poster. Cloud Atlas is the only one that could possibly be argued as leading. It bombed, along with the rest of her projects that she got attached to as lead in her prime. Halle doesn't get lead A-list work anymore and hasn't for a long time.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
NULL
she was excellent in Get Out
Ray-J-Doesnt-Trust-That-Statement.gif

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
again, she's still considered a bankable A-list movie star; in Kidnap she's the only star if i'm not mistaken, and that is getting a theatrical release.

I understand you're trying to make a point - but no thinking person would argue that as being a career on it's downward cycle

well first of all i didn't say denzel's whole entire legacy would vanish if he did some voiceover work on a cable TV or netflix show, i just said it would be beneath him....

disagree with me by all means, but don't just create arguments out of thin air

:jbhmm:as it pertains to Halle Berry, are you arguing your opinion or are you arguing reality?

your opinion is that she is trash....the reality is that she is still getting A list hollywood work as a leading lady too. <<<that's not a true statement? :gucci:

she's got movies coming out with colin ferth, chaning tatum and daniel craig; i mean what's the basis of you saying that she didn't bounce back after catwoman

or let me guess...you know better than those dumb hollywood execs and producers :coffee:

you're the one that said it was beneath his talents. All I said was he proved himself decades ago and voice acting is easy work
your the one creating arguments outta thin air, talking about his legacy will vanish.

And again I didn't say halle is trash. She damn sure ain't no A list leading lady. No she didn't bounce back.

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
:bryan:

Kidnap has been delayed five times. That shyt is not A-list Hollywood work. It's a C-list role made by a F-list director .

stopped reading here. you're giving me opinions...either she's getting a theatrical release as the lead actress AND getting top billing or she's not.

you're the one that said it was beneath his talents. All I said was he proved himself decades ago and voice acting is easy work
your the one creating arguments outta thin air, talking about his legacy will vanish.

And again I didn't say halle is trash. She damn sure ain't no A list leading lady. No she didn't bounce back.

:patrice:yes. I am saying that denzel washington doing voice over work as a regular on a tv series would be beneath his talents

you're the one who brought up his previous work - one has nothing to do w/the other.

and again for the second time, you're saying that her at 50 years old still getting top billing by major movie studio's is not A-list?

you still haven't defined how that is NOT a-list - they're using her star power to bring people to theaters to see their movie...

if that isn't A-list, then what is? :what:

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
stopped reading here. you're giving me opinions...either she's getting a theatrical release as the lead actress AND getting top billing or she's not.

:what:What? Now you've moved the goal post for being an A-list actress as getting top billing in any theatrically released film? Big budget, small budget, wide release, limited release, it doesn't matter? If not, then what the hell are you even saying? I'm arguing that she isn't doing A-list lead work not that she isn't starring in some low budget film that no one will see.

And I don't know if she's getting a theatrical release for Kidnap and neither do you. It's off the release schedule for the studio. The film has been delayed five times and could very well get dumped into VOD at this point.

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
:what:What? Now you've moved the goal post for bein.

tumblr_inline_o61p3kFjL21to57bi_500.gif

stay focused and on topic please: you shytted on my example of her playing in KIDNAP as an argument her being an A - list movie star

I asked you how that isn't evidence of such and you just keep giving your opinions.

so again for the 3rd time: how is somebody being cast as the lead in major hollywood motion picture NOT a-list!?

true enough the movie has no release date, but that's because of the studio's financial situation - has nothing to do with halle

and if you remember, skyfall got pushed back because the studio was struggling - then the movie came out and made 1 billion dollars

not saying that will happen with KIDNAP, but that's not a strong argument to use in this instance.

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
stay focused and on topic please: you shytted on my example of her playing in KIDNAP as an argument her being an A - list movie star

I asked you how that isn't evidence of such and you just keep giving your opinions.

so again for the 3rd time: how is somebody being cast as the lead in major hollywood motion picture NOT a-list!?

Kidnap
is not a major hollywood motion picture, but lets say that it is since you insist upon using it as an example.

Being cast as a lead in a theatrically released movie does not make someone A-list.

Do you think Shameik Moore is A-list because he starred in Dope?

Do you think Monique is A-list because she starred in Precious?

Do you think Mya Taylor is A-list because she starred in Tangerine?

Do you think Adepero Oduye is A-list because she starred in Pariah?

Do you think Madina Nalwanga is A-list because she starred in Queen of Katwe?

All of these people were cast as the lead in a "major hollywood motion picture" using your metric of not distinguishing between big release, small release, big budget, small budget, big studio, small studio. So if you think they are A-list then you're more delusional than I thought, but if you don't think they are A-list, then it proves your argument of "so again for the 3rd time: how is somebody being cast as the lead in major hollywood motion picture NOT a-list!?" is garbage.

Last edited:

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
Gifs can't save you breh....take the L :francis:

please note that i started my post off with "maybe its just me" and ended it with "or am i just trippin'"

so i'm cool with taking an L...but yall in here pretending as though her career hasn't regressed AT ALL. the woman said that she was eager to work in a tyler perry film that she knew would get panned by critics

you ain't about to tell me that somebody is still hollywood royalty that's doing V.O. work on bojack horseman :comeon:

Will Arnett is the star of that show. Will. Arnett.
220px-Will_Arnett_2012_Shankbone_2.JPG