Do you think artists are insecure about needing top features for hits?

AB Ziggy

Banned
Daps
Like how must it feel to be someone like French or Meek and knowing that people only really listen to your big songs for the presence of a top artist on it than your own verse? :ohhh: Like your solo joints will never have the same impact as your collaboration songs.:ohhh:

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
A check is a check. Let's be real a guy like French isn't in this to be a "real artists". He won already.

Meek maybe moreso but even still he does numbers so how upset can you really be...

Last edited:

C-Styles

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Windy City
i don't think they care at all. It's been a practice in hip hop since it started. Ma$e glorified in that and Fabolous polished it. I think that's the whole mindset in the first place, like "Ok i need a big hit, let me get so and so who is hot at the moment to come through with the assist". At the end of the day, if it's something like "What's luv" from fat joe and ashanti to Flo Rida's "Low" which are still being played till this day, which means you eating off that one hit song, then what's there to be insecure about? The joint served it's purpose :yeshrug:

Daps
At the end of the day, if it's something like "What's luv" from fat joe and ashanti to Flo Rida's "Low" which are still being played till this day, which means you eating off that one hit song, then what's there to be insecure about? The joint served it's purpose :yeshrug:

you not eating as much cuz of the credit splits tho. add on sampling...and lack of sales....its looking spooky out here. on the other hand some of the top artists barely use features or at least they use lowkey features.... kendrick, cole, etc.

Yade

BigJohnsons lol
Daps
No one , I mean no one will ever listen to a full French project , he had a song called Sylist which sounded like a waste of time

FeloniousMonk

Dont mind me..Im a azzhole
Daps
Reppin
Them Lo Lifes...
Came and went is different from a flop.

Those guys release so much content so listeners can't digest it for long.
My point is really, I think it should have garnered more sales in terms of Drakes pop star power and Future's rap star power.

It was a mixtape they made into an album.