Do You Think The "Trash Talk" Era Of MMA Is Done After The Askren KO?

mag357

Superstar
Daps
It wont because most will perceive themselves as the guy doing the knockouts instead of being knocked out.

Nah it won’t stop because most of fighters at this level don’t think they’ll lose.

The End...
Fighters are probly the most confident ppl walking the planet.
U have to be confident/cocky in that profession.
And u build it mentally and physically thru training and fukking shyt up b4 u get to fight night.

1 thing I dnt like about mma, that u really dnt see much in boxing..
Is that lack of respect shown for their opponents once the fight is over, smh....
That shyt is corny to me.
I think its because boxing has a different history than other combat sports

Another Man

Trappin w/ Benzino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Red Roof Inn
The End...
Fighters are probly the most confident ppl walking the planet.
U have to be confident/cocky in that profession.
And u build it mentally and physically thru training and fukking shyt up b4 u get to fight night.

1 thing I dnt like about mma, that u really dnt see much in boxing..
Is that lack of respect shown for their opponents once the fight is over, smh....
That shyt is corny to me.
I think its because boxing has a different history than other combat sports
I wouldnt say all that. Its no worse than boxing in that aspect. You actually wouldnt find a community more tight knit than the mma/grappling/kickboxing community, even between (former)opponents. Its just that beefing for show is usually brought to the forefront for views. The whole grudge match angle is corny, but encouraged. Besides, most of these "beefs" are fabricated on some wwe shyt, only some of em are legit. Many fighters have beefed but are cool off camera.

The Guru

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah..if a merely good fighter can make more and get better fights than a great fighter, why would they stop?

mag357

Superstar
Daps
I wouldnt say all that. Its no worse than boxing in that aspect. You actually wouldnt find a community more tight knit than the mma/grappling/kickboxing community, even between (former)opponents. Its just that beefing for show is usually brought to the forefront for views. The whole grudge match angle is corny, but encouraged. Besides, most of these "beefs" are fabricated on some wwe shyt, only some of em are legit. Many fighters have beefed but are cool off camera.

To me it definitely seems to be a big difference.
Ofcourse u have the pre-fight beefs in any combat sport. Thats cool, they gotta sale tickets. But usually once it's over, it's all love shown between the fighters.
The fighting community in general is a tight nit community, cause their are less of those type of athletes than most other sports.
And because it's a dangerous gig, u have respect for another person that does what u do.
But watching alot of the mma fights... u see alot of dirty stuff. And disrespectful stuff after the fight is over....
I just think mma has a long way to go when it comes to holding the sport to a high standard.
And it starts at the top

Another Man

Trappin w/ Benzino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Red Roof Inn
Trash talk is an inherent aspect of fight sports
Ali wrote the blueprint of the trash talk game. Fighters like Floyd and Conor are his sons. Fighters talk trash for two reasons 1. To hype the fight, 2. To get in the opponents head and throw em off their game. Conor KOing Aldo like he did is a prime, recent example, but him getting manhandled by Khabib is a prime example of such tactics backfiring.