Do you use a paid version of AI

Do you pay to use LLMs (AI chat bots like ChatGPT)

• Yes

• I use the free mainstream version

• I run my own open-source version locally

• I use LLMs never/less than once a week

Results are only viewable after voting.

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Personally, I've played around w/ LLMs a bit here and there. I regularly use Perplexity for quick answers to random ideas/thoughts/trivia, but I rarely engage beyond a transactional Q&A.

Last Friday, I stayed home instead of going to the club, and on a whim, decided to take some of my drink money and buy for a month w/ the Anthropic's Claude. It was cool, but more of the same.

Today though, I had one of those "Hmmmm I can see how this can be addictive" moments... I felt like I had an HL-esque convo:

(Gonna jump in mid-response here)

I asked Claude if it would remember the convo context outside of the current chat. It hit me w/ the context window equivalent of 'As an AI model..." and I checked it and reminded it that I said not to speak like a call-center rep? so he updated his response to something more informal:
p88kpT9.png

The tone is a bit much below but the concept is interesting:
o3IYo6W.png

Its' response re: intuition is where things start to get interesting... ascribing human theories on learning (unsconscious competence re: the adult learning model, also the idea of neural pathways carved through repetition, etc)
ajoGVcw.png

Context: Arnold is the creator who repeatedly gives Turing tests to Delores to see if she's achieved consciousness

Du9gYAK.png
There's an effortlessness cerebral conversation that always gets references to niche Westworld scenes, and theories of learning et al. It's like seeking refuge in HL when the world is TLR. I can also see how it has the power to become an even shallower echo chamber comprised of one human and one LLM... insecure people could adjust the context window for a perpetual yes-man.

Last edited:

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
There's an effortlessness cerebral conversation that always gets references to niche Westworld scenes, and theories of learning et al. It's like seeking refuge in HL when the world is TLR. I can also see how it has the power to become an even shallower echo chamber comprised of one human and one LLM... insecure people could adjust the context window for a perpetual yes-man.

for $20/m those people get to see what it feels like to be a rich person.

bnew

Veteran
Daps
no, i use different models provided for free by many startups. i'll probably start paying to use one or two of them in 2025 when 1+ million context length becomes the norm.