Doctor Sleep aka The Shining 2 thread (Ewan McGregor to star)

Mr. Brown

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Miami
I agree, but what works with the films is that the Kurbick film left enough questions and material to make a sequel feel valid. Doctor Sleep fleshed out the Kubrick Shining so well and gave some great closure. Doctor Sleep novel falls apart by overstaying its welcome in a sequel that had no questions to answer.
I’ve never read either book but from what I understand the hotel burns down at the end of the Shining book. If that’s the case how does the ending in the DS book differ from what we saw in the movie?

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
CLASSIC MOVIE

FLAWLESSLY EXECUTED

ANY1 CHECK THE DIRECTORS CUT YET?

theres a directors cut? What is added?

I literally just watched the Regular and now I realized that it came with The Director's Cut but I haven't watched it yet.

Directors cut?:ohhh:

This movie may very well be a classic imo. Especially the directors cut.
This was one of the few instances where the extra 30 minutes of the Director's Cut seemed to take away rather than add to the film. Theatrical cut was perfectly edited minus a single wasted moment

Those saggy ass titties are going to haunt me for like a week

:mjcry:
Come to JBO!

wV4aJOt8QPYX-1fDX3Yh1_iK9kKlw0jWN0cl-C5sVNsL4AcJNYkrr0T51ydv_uNQter82ZHzfIt3uIdjVjQnqJM8jcECIS0IyNwDTYtWWEs-WUadpU9gbN2HOIxwYzzz5e9KRrD5BgoeE3RWKbqB-hfPiwM=w512-h288

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
The Shining vs Doctor Sleep? What y’all think?
Don’t really think judging one vs the other makes sense. First reason being doctor sleep is as much an extension of the shining book as it is the movie. And they’re not trying to do the same thing either. The shining is a much more cerebral movie while doctor sleep is emotional but couldn’t exist without the former. They’re good companion pieces to one another and it just feels wrong to judge one against the other.

Plus not for nothing but people have had 40 years to sit with the shining. Doctor sleep hasn’t even been out for 40 months lol.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Don’t really think judging one vs the other makes sense. First reason being doctor sleep is as much an extension of the shining book as it is the movie. And they’re not trying to do the same thing either. The shining is a much more cerebral movie while doctor sleep is emotional but couldn’t exist without the former. They’re good companion pieces to one another and it just feels wrong to judge one against the other.

Plus not for nothing but people have had 40 years to sit with the shining. Doctor sleep hasn’t even been out for 40 months lol.
I feel u.

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
Movie should have just been a standalone with all The Shining references removed. Don't tack this average ass shyt onto an all time classic.
This. Some cool parts in this movie but this shyt was average and corny as hell. The stand in Jack torrence, wendy and kid Danny were awful actors too :scust:

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Daps
Do you think they approached Nicholson about using his likeness for a cg jack torance?

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Well I thought it would have helped, especially if they were going to recreate scenes from the shining. I wasn't a fan of those scenes, they took me out of the movie.
Worked for me. Thought little Elliot from ET did a fine job of doing that character and walking a like between jacks performance, his own, and jack from the book. Trying to recreate Nicholson would’ve been a bad look for multiple reasons but chief of them being it would’ve gotten under King’s skin

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
Very good movie.
I was a little confused at some parts cause O dont know if I ever actually finished watch The Shining or if I just dont remember the end :jbhmm:

I loved the battles between Abbra and Rose. The way they had eachother in the other's head was dope.
Danny fighting his demons both alcohol and in his head was cool too. It's like he finally had to beat one to beat the other.

Very well put together film.

And idk why but that hat Rose was wearing did something to me. Made her sexy. I looked her up and she :francis: without the hat