R&B Does Anybody Else Here, Either From California Or Not, Listen To Oldies?

96Blue

Superstar
Daps
I don't like the fact that Mexicans are trying to claim it because I genuinely like Oldies as it is part of our culture. It calms me down and chills me out. If you know of any other Black people still singing in this genre, please post them.

Billy Stewart - Sitting In The Park

James Brown - Try Me

The Fascinations - I Can't Stay Away From You

War - So

Little Ann - Deep Shadows

Last edited:

Black_Panther_JS

Superstar
Daps
I don't even know what constitutes an oldie but based on what you posted then yeah I love oldies. Good music is timeless and it's a shame people don't go back to indulge older eras of music

Not from Cali so I'm not familiar with Mexicans claiming it though

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
not from Cali but from the West coast

you got nikkas who listen to "oldies" or whatever you see fit of it being a "oldie"

but its mostly the older nikkas. Aint to many young nikkas listening to Oldies

But nether are younger Mexicans, almost all young mexicans listen to the same rap young black americans listen to.

So, you got: Trap, drill, Lil Baby, Drake, YoungBoy,Young Thug, Cole Roddy, some old school, etc. that Mexicans listen to

Hardly do any play oldies unless they are with their dad, uncle, or some type of old mexican in their family

96Blue

Superstar
Daps
I don't even know what constitutes an oldie but based on what you posted then yeah I love oldies. Good music is timeless and it's a shame people don't go back to indulge older eras of music

Not from Cali so I'm not familiar with Mexicans claiming it though
Personally, I grew up off of alotta this music. As I got older, I used it to calm my anxiety.
not from Cali but from the West coast

you got nikkas who listen to "oldies" or whatever you see fit of it being a "oldie"

but its mostly the older nikkas. Aint to many young nikkas listening to Oldies

But nether are younger Mexicans, almost all young mexicans listen to the same rap young black americans listen to.

So, you got: Trap, drill, Lil Baby, Drake, YoungBoy,Young Thug, Cole Roddy, some old school, etc. that Mexicans listen to

Hardly do any play oldies unless they are with their dad, uncle, or some type of old mexican in their family
Yea, I did see and hear some of the younger Mexicans at my last job listening to oldies.

I listen to oldies a lot, my brothers and sisters mainly listen to R&B from 00's.

Trot LaRoc

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi/LA
Half of the stuff I listen to is 60s and 70s stuff.

I live in LA and yea Mexicans try and culture culture old 50s/60s black soul music heavy ....those fools even call it Chicano soul even when the singers are black

I blame Art Laboe