Does anyone know a comfortably retired black man or women, who wasn’t in the armed forces or worked for the government?

AtomicUse

Superstar
Daps
I see a lot of people posted about how they know older people who are retired, but it’s usually that they are getting disability pay from the VA, or social security and a government employee pension of some sort.

But what about someone who was in the private sector, or just worked in corporate america for their career, and is comfortably retired?

:jbhmm:

*exit

Let me edit the initial post to be more specific, because everyone is saying retired cops, firefighters, teachers and professors, but apparently people don’t consider public school employees or positions paid for by government tax dollars, to be government-funded positions. :beli:

Last edited:

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps
A few.
Businessmen with Businesses they capitalized on during the youth to middle age and then turned over to their children or sold.
The other few.
Dudes who sold/dealt with drugs, saved instead of squandered and then went legit the minute they had enough to flip into a businesses/front and kept it pushing.

UpNext

Superstar
Daps
Yeah I know some brehs that worked for Microsoft and Apple that hit their FIRE number and retired in their 40's. I know a few who are well over 2m in networth and still working because they like their jobs and don't know what they'd do with their time too.