Does Bret Hart like Bill Goldberg ? Update from the Hitman himself.

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!

Bret liked and found his experience(s) using cocaine to be much more enjoyable than working with Bill Goldberg.

full

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
Im a Hitgoat stan but I will say he's going OD on the Goldberg thing

I get it, I do especially from how much it means to him and to lose your career, same time I get where Goldberg is coming from.

Also, not for nothing but wrestled more matches with the concussion including that street fight against Funk where he hit his head on the stairs and that was probably worse but he aint blaming Terry Funk.

Its not just losing his career, Goldberg injured him FOR LIFE. It completely effected the way he walks, talks, handles himself and gets up in the morning.

I think Bret handles it especially well because its something he has to live with the rest of his life and he's not spewing venom, he's just basically like "I don't fukk with dude". And not to mention Goldberg went on to work and make more millions despite not addressing the issue or improving on his craft, which was Bret's whole point to begin with.

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Its not just losing his career, Goldberg injured him FOR LIFE. It completely effected the way he walks, talks, handles himself and gets up in the morning.

I think Bret handles it especially well because its something he has to live with the rest of his life and he's not spewing venom, he's just basically like "I don't fukk with dude". And not to mention Goldberg went on to work and make more millions despite not addressing the issue or improving on his craft, which was Bret's whole point to begin with.

But again, he had multiple concussions in that period, wasnt just Goldberg. That bump in the Terry Funk match was worse and he shouldnt have done that match

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
But again, he had multiple concussions in that period, wasnt just Goldberg. That bump in the Terry Funk match was worse and he shouldnt have done that match

With respect, its not up to you to say what was worse. Bret lived through both and he says and shows the Goldberg incident is what set things in a downward spiral and the first incursion of all the concussions. Wrestlers take crazy bumps all the time but will randomly get injured on basic or seemingly harmless things.

But the point is, when someone's injury or hardship is directly caused by someone else's actions, its very common for people to have some kind of resentment. Compared to what I've seen, I think he handles it better than expected.

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
Even when away from wrestling, Goldberg continues to hold a presence on-screen. He will return to ABC this week for an appearance on the long-running sitcom The Goldbergs, which airs Wednesday night at 8:30 p.m. ET.

“It’s funny when I’m on set, and all the chairs say ‘Goldberg,’ but I’m the only Goldberg on the set,” says Goldberg. “It’s also an honor and a privilege every time they bring me back. I’m ecstatic to have a surrounding cast—literally, every single one of them—that makes it so easy to be part of this comedy. They set the table for me.”

Goldberg will reprise his role as coach Nick Mellor. In this episode, he co-chaperones the school dance with Beverly Goldberg, and he promises to deliver a scene that will grab people’s attention.

“I have a line that I will never, ever be able to shake,” says Goldberg. “I’m almost too embarrassed to watch. But it’s The Goldbergs. It’s a line to remember.”

https://www.si.com/wrestling/2023/03/01/bill-goldberg-wwe-return-retirement-match

Goldberg gonna Mule Kick "The Goldbergs" on the way out

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York

"I actually stopped watching The Goldbergs because of Bill Goldberg. When I saw him on there, it was too much to take. I literally yelled at the TV and threw my remote at it. It's funny because now, Bill Goldberg just so happens to be out of a TV job. None of the other ABC sitcoms wanted him to do a guest spot and he begged them. Modern Family said no, Black-ish said no. Even The Middle said no. What would he do on those shows? Talk about his undefeated streak and accidentally injure one of the actors? Bill Goldberg is unsafe everywhere, whether it's the ring or the Hollywood soundstage."