Does Trauma motivate more than Joy

Rhapture

♊Dogset Emperor and Sociopathic Socialite ♊
Supporter
Daps
Do negative experiences inspire us more than positive experiences?

Daps
No negative experiences can kill your hope and motivation unless you’re strong willed enough to not make it your reality and push forward from it. But most people can not handle negative experiences and don’t learn from it or try to change it, they let it be their reality

RaspberryFitted

Boyz In Motion Member
Daps
Reppin
G-Co
What about the opposite? Can focusing on the negative slip you up?
Definitely. You become bogged in negative thoughts which mostly stem from past experiences — things you can’t correct.

You need a good balance. Take in the obstacles and challenges that you went through while also being joyful about the present.. hopeful for a grand future.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Yes, I’ve often thought about the positives that come from negatives. All the most important things I’ve learned came from negative experiences. Granted, I’m a very negative person because of it though. I always see the negatives and focus on the negative things way more than the positive. After writing that out, maybe that’s not a good thing :dead:

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
Motivation and inspiration are wildly different but while trauma can be a source for the latter, it has a strong tendency to kill both. The people who can craft something out of their trauma are outliers, not the norm, and don't represent the greater number of folks whose potential has been crushed by their negative past.

SuaveyBoi115

All Star
Daps
Yes, I’ve often thought about the positives that come from negatives. All the most important things I’ve learned came from negative experiences. Granted, I’m a very negative person because of it though. I always see the negatives and focus on the negative things way more than the positive. After writing that out, maybe that’s not a good thing :dead:
You literally described my line of thinking :russ:

Daps
anger from past trauma keeps my motivation strong. it’s like discovering and channeling a new chakra
i hope you and everyone else like this realize one day that this is a horrible way to go through life and does more damage than good