Dolby Atmos hits home market.............time to go shopping!!

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
Might be selling the 7.1 receiver this fall to upgrade.............my neighbors like :damn:

http://www.engadget.com/2014/07/23/denon-dolby-atmos-receivers/?ncid=rss_truncated

If you're wondering just when you can envelop yourself in Dolby Atmos sound at home, Denon is more than happy to tell you. The home theater firm says it will launch two Atmos-equipped AV receivers, the X4100W and X5200W, in the US this October. Neither will be cheap, as the bleeding-edge tech implies. For $1,399, the X4100W delivers Dolby's all-encompassing audio in up to a 7.1.2-channel setup (seven regular speakers, one subwoofer, two overhead); splurge on the $1,999 X5200W and you can add two extra speakers to the mix, whether they're on the ground or the ceiling. Either will bring the media support you'd expect for that kind of outlay, including 4K video processing and media sharing over AirPlay or DLNA. That's a lot of cash to shell out to add an extra dimension to your surround sound, but Denon is undoubtedly targeting very high-end living room setups -- if you didn't flinch at buying an expensive 4K TV, these receivers are for you.

Last edited:

ThumpDaddy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, AL
I was gonna get a 4K TV during Black Friday or Thanksgiving or whenever the sale started and maybe build off of that but for the time being I'm happy with what I got. Since I got my new glasses, my old TV's look like new TV's.

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
I was gonna get a 4K TV during Black Friday or Thanksgiving or whenever the sale started and maybe build off of that but for the time being I'm happy with what I got. Since I got my new glasses, my old TV's look like new TV's.

This right here is what I was thinking, I came up last year when Samsung ran their week long Black Friday sale (46" smart + soundbar). Thinking this year if they do it again with a 4K model, I might just go ahead a splurge on that along with the 7.1.2 Denon in that article.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This is way out of my budget i just spent 700 on a system.

morris

Superstar
Daps
These need to come down in price but they sound amazing:
Premium Wireless Bluetooth Headphones | Dolby Dimension

akrales_181108_3070_0022_squ.jpg