Domino’s Pizza Empire Was Built on Delivery. Now, That May Not Be Enough

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
I think DOMINOES is at a good spot. Since the chain of resturants was built on a Delivery Model, they aren't trying to play catch-up. Its in the video for sure but GrubHub, DoorDash, Etc. is a third-party service to pick up your food and deliver it for you. So what happens when they start to charge more for the service to Pizza Hut and others? There could be potential issues from this.

The key thing they are doing is trying to innovate, which is key.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
The funny thing is that when I order food, I use Grubhub/DoorDash/etc and never order pizza unless I'm traveling (hotel). But if I'm at home and want pizza and don't want to spend for the higher quality ones...I order on Dominos' website and then go pick it up. I live pretty close to a couple Dominos and they always have deals for $8 large pizzas for takeout. I've never ordered Dominos for delivery, in my entire life.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LA
I love Domino's, they've really stepped up their pizza game.

Because of the close proximities, Dominos should look into the drone game for certain areas and vehicles for others.

Postmates, Doordash, Grubhub, etc. are a straight rip-off with their delivery/service fees. The only time I really go for them is when I make a big order that'll have enough food to last multiple days, otherwise it ain't worth it.

Regular Developer

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
The funny thing is that when I order food, I use Grubhub/DoorDash/etc and never order pizza unless I'm traveling (hotel). But if I'm at home and want pizza and don't want to spend for the higher quality ones...I order on Dominos' website and then go pick it up. I live pretty close to a couple Dominos and they always have deals for $8 large pizzas for takeout. I've never ordered Dominos for delivery, in my entire life.
Same, though I go with papa johns. there's a pizza hut directly across the street that I used to go to, but then they fukked up the pizza twice in a row.

The main thing is I like the rewards. If I get pizza 4-5 times, I can order one with a $10 off coupon

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Same, though I go with papa johns. there's a pizza hut directly across the street that I used to go to, but then they fukked up the pizza twice in a row.

The main thing is I like the rewards. If I get pizza 4-5 times, I can order one with a $10 off coupon
Yup! It's funny that's why I will order Chinese food or a burger on the app, but I love chasing those rewards points by picking up a pizza in person. In college I lived right next to a Dominos and would just walk down the street. I used to go to Papa Johns then too. Back then they used to throw a big ass hot pepper in the box lol. I haven't had Papa Johns in years but they used to have some great rewards.