Don't compare yourself to someone else's Highlight Reel

BeingBetter

Hope Your Day Gets Better !
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Georgia, USA
It's easy to compare yourself to everyone's up moments. It's not fair to yourself though, because you will never fully understand or know their low moments.

Keep being yourself and endure the trials for your dreams.

One day you will have your own highlight reel in the spotlight, and some may compare and think they are not worthy.

But always make sure to enlighten those same people about the low moments...let them know that they can achieve if they just believe as you did.

Worthless Loser

Blackpilled
Daps
I did this for many years and it only made me get upset and beat myself up more. Especially when I would see people younger, less educated yet further ahead professionally. It would eat me alive.

My mom use to tell me not to do that because everyone has their own journey. While she's right, I found that comment to be bullshyt.

BeingBetter

Hope Your Day Gets Better !
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Georgia, USA
I did this for many years and it only made me get upset and beat myself up more. Especially when I would see people younger, less educated yet further ahead professionally. It would eat me alive.

My mom use to tell me not to do that because everyone has their own journey. While she's right, I found that comment to be bullshyt.
I knew someone older in your similar circumstance and his off-hand knowledge provided me tools that I utilize until this day. You probably had a bigger impact than you think, just by being present in their environment.

getmoney310cpt

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Compton CA/Rosecrans Ave

Gotta lose that envy gene, I don’t even know how to let someone’s success upset me I don’t understand how people who do get jealous think..for me it’s like, that’s cool I can do it too someday not how can he and not I..