Don’t go at the kids go right at Triple Six Mafia

Dboy41

All Star
Daps
ONCE AGAIN, Everyone knows that even in the 90’s and 80’s, rapping about drugs and street shyt was the norm. Thats not the issue. It was still a level of standards and effort.

The issue is the mumble rap, the slurring words, every rapper having the same dreads/face tattoo ignorant nikka starter kit, rapping over the same looped trap beat, every rap video being in someone’s bedroom or in front of a house, etc. stop tryna cape for this bullshyt.

Oh and cant forget taking a picture with a paper cup.

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
old scary ass nikkas going at the kids on some holier than thou

Mane let’s keep it stack.. I told you nikkas two years ago 3 6 Mafia influence >>>>

Pete Rock scary ass talking about his peers like they so much better than this young boys

nikka go at Paul and the juice

@THE RETIRED SKJ
:dwillhuh:
It's like i was reading your mind and thinking your thoughts all ahead of time :wow:
Before you even got a chance to shine on your own shyt :mjcry:
I been going at Triple Six :wow:
You're right. They truly pioneered everything that's wrong with hip hop nowadays :wow:
Back in the 90s it was nothing but pure boom bap with the most advanced lyricism humanly possible. :wow:
With jewels infinite :prodigylol2:
There's not a single song you could post to disprove that :mjgrin:

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
ONCE AGAIN, Everyone knows that even in the 90’s and 80’s, rapping about drugs and street shyt was the norm. Thats not the issue. It was still a level of standards and effort.

The issue is the mumble rap, the slurring words, every rapper having the same dreads/face tattoo ignorant nikka starter kit, rapping over the same looped trap beat, every rap video being in someone’s bedroom or in front of a house, etc. stop tryna cape for this bullshyt.

Oh and cant forget taking a picture with a paper cup.
Is there anyone who honestly feels, that there was as much of an emphasis on using "hard" drugs in the 80s and 90s, as there is today?
"hard" drugs is anything but weed and alcohol.
Of course there will always be an example here and there, Wu on dust, 36 on everything :mjgrin:
Kendrick and J Cole today (and many others) not emphasizing it.
But the emphasis or prevalence was nowhere near what it is now. :yeshrug:
You gotta look at the game as a whole.
Same thing with the focus on lyricism.
Just look at 96 for example.
You gotta judge the entire game to

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Y’all need to stop trying to put drug culture in rap on one artist or group.
Thank you. nikkas really up in here trying to blame Three Six for the current crop of fukkery and drug head retards. First of all Three Six were never really a huge mainstream group like that so to put blame solely on them is dumb. Yea they rapped about hard drugs and syrup but they weren't chanting that shyt every song and they actually could rap and produce. Really unfair for Charlamagne or anybody to put them out there like that and point to them directly.

Edit:
They were more controversial for their name (Triple Six Mafia) and devil worshiping/ satanic rumors than anything else back then. Tear Da Club Up did fukk clubs up though. Them and the song were pretty much banned from club down south b/c of it.

Last edited:

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas
EHH, poppin chit with 3-6 mafia would be a safer bet than waka flocka. so I don't see the OP's point.

pete rock prolly didn't mention 3-6 mafia, simply because they didn't cross his mind.

3-6 mafia was more of a dark-horse group. they were never a thing culturally, outside of bama towns and random suburban rap thresholds like iowa.

besides, 3-6 mafia in their prime had two legit emcees in the group - infamous & koopsta. plus gangsta boo wasn't too shabby either.

Lord Infamous pioneered the flow and cadence that Migos uses , and the youngins copied Migos

infamous' flow was nothing new. and there were plenty at the time doing it bigger.

its just the internet trying to had to give historical placement to 3-6 mafia.

You really think these lil nikkas know about lord infamous?
These nikkas wanna sound like migos and look and act like prime junkie Wayne with even more ridiculous tatoos,hair dyes and appetites for doing drugs, fake gang banging and being "rockstars"
nikkas is literally wayne clones minus the rapping ability.

THIS

except, I don't think highly of Wayne's rapping ability either. hes the main guy that lowered the bar for lyrics.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
404/678/770 тσ 702
Nah u gotta see what the OP was conveying and i know for a FACT there is some truth to it...

the most dysfunctional mofos i knew back then whom are unfortunatly PARENTS now and had kids at a young age raising em all fukked up..

were the TRIPLE SIX MAFIA fans ...who were fighting...thugging and drugging ..gangbanging (folks, gd) back then ..

no lie....give u an example

my first deejay i ever managed i happened to land him a nice lil gig at a club in south carolina where he would be the opening slot deejay from 9 pm to 12 to warm the crowd up before the host deejay would actually come on...

it wasn't much money i'll admit ..we (me and the dj) were just finally happen to get some exposure from the hottest club in the town....

anyway when we arrive for our friday night debut set....the Club owner pulled me aside while my deejay was doing his lil soundcheck and equipment setup and ran down a list of rules that we had to OBEY everytime we deejayed at his spot

and the one RULE that stood out was that he loudly proclaimed to me while the music was just starting was....Under NO CIRCUMSTANCES is your deejay to play any TRIPLE SIX MAFIA tunes particularly TEAR THE CLUB UP!!!...

so asked him while laughing...."yo why is this such an issue with Triple Six Mafia?"

and he responded..."N1gga everytime the host deejay put that on...them muthaphukas really did try to tear my shyt up!!!!!!!...i can't have that mane....i swear to god i will throw u and yo deejay out on yall azz if you don't follow that rule ..okay?" :ufdup:

i was like :ohhh: i understand..

people fail to understand TRIPLE SIX impact's not just music wise but culturaly.....WAKA FLOCKA aint had shyt on them when it came to energy and all the other rammifications that came with it...(violence and drugs)

and this is what alot of OG's was raised on......and unfortunatly it wasnt just entertainment ...but a way of life

Triple 6 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

To this day, I tell anybody they're da most ig'nant of da ig'nant. nikkas woulda been too thoo if those ultra ig'nant underground jams were gettin' as much play as their mainstream tunes. "Tear Da Club Up" was banned all throughout da Sive. Whoopin' a nikka ass to mrusic used ta' be fun. DJ: "don't y'all nikkas dare start fightin' to none of this shyt or da party is over". If it wasn't for that Memphis shyt, there would've never, and I repeat ever been any crunk. Atlanta drew all its influences from Memphis and Miami during da early years.

Daps
Reppin
404/678/770 тσ 702
nikkas couldn't play Pastor Troy, C. Murder, Lil' Jon and Triple 6 bike to bike, bruh. Party over, club shutdine and a shoot aht in da parkin' lot. That shyt was da soundtrack to my super active days when I kept my fingers twisted to offend da otha side and nikkas from my side alike. nikkas don't get buck like that no mo' tho'.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
At the end of the day,...they made the whole world into NWA and the whole world is ruthless records. Everything,..
it been that way since 20/20, and rap was given a non-culture based ideal in how to make rap that could generate a profit math could not even contain. After that, the whole world been trying to do some amalgamted offshoot of the world's most dangerous group or the label and its acts and all the widespread passes for fakin jax were made from the oversaturation of how ruthless had admin issues and a lack of cultural responsibility. Of which has been used as the model to disrespect black nationalist ideals built to save our community. That were used first by Jerry Heller and later any MCA way style or thought record label owner. Which was perpetrated when lyor Cohen wanted to move defjam into fabricated non cultural rap as a science. While continually perpetrating the lack of cultural responsibility and admin care from the ruthless era into the main ideal of what rap and it is culturally dishonest and provides the spark that destroyed black nationalism in America. Right now, we are just on the culture thief misappropriation level set on stealing bone ruthless production and performances. Mixed with Sharon apple Wawa machine semantics like a futuristic replay of suck ass 1993 all over again on a Ground hog day lack of culture based loop.

After that is MCA way manipulations that never stopped all mashed together and here we are.

Art Barr

Jerry Heller really misappropiated rap and hiphop back to the soul stealing ideals of management theft based blues or misappropiatedly cslled rock roll..that in hiphop we are supposed to be prescient and vehemently against. Which also was an MCA model as well.

Last edited:

NotaPAWG

Banned
Daps
EHH, poppin chit with 3-6 mafia would be a safer bet than waka flocka. so I don't see the OP's point.

pete rock prolly didn't mention 3-6 mafia, simply because they didn't cross his mind.

3-6 mafia was more of a dark-horse group. they were never a thing culturally, outside of bama towns and random suburban rap thresholds like iowa.

besides, 3-6 mafia in their prime had two legit emcees in the group - infamous & koopsta. plus gangsta boo wasn't too shabby either.

infamous' flow was nothing new. and there were plenty at the time doing it bigger.

its just the internet trying to had to give historical placement to 3-6 mafia.

THIS

except, I don't think highly of Wayne's rapping ability either. hes the main guy that lowered the bar for lyrics.

three six mafia was huge up here in the 00s and popular on the east. them and Dipset was like all me and my friends listened to

i remember one day walking home from getting drug tested for probation and listening to this song on repeat

obv three six was culturally relevant and popular enough if a white girl in Massachusetts was huge fans of em lol

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas
obv three six was culturally relevant and popular enough if a white girl in Massachusetts was huge fans of em lol

3-6 mafia always had a huge white fanbase ma.
that doesn't make them culturally relevant. no disrespect.

I was a 3-6 mafia fan myself circa '98-01. check my collection. but i'd be lying if I said they were anything more than a 3rd-rate southern crew at their peak.

they never moved a needle. that's why nobody throws them under the bus in any of these rants. they were off in their own lane doing their own thing in the eyes of the general fan, just like ole boy said on the 1st page.

Last edited: