Downwardly mobile white men more likely to be in relationships with black women?

Suge Shot Me

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I want to preface this post by saying that I don't hate on any interracial pairings, but I was reading a thread on LSA where someone insisted that most black woman/white male couples are upper middle class, so I was curious and looked at CDC birth data to investigate.

I thought it would be interesting to find out which counties were overrepresented with these power couples, so I made a list of the counties where non-hispanic white fathers were most likely to have black mothers for their children in 2022 (data set here).

Clayton County, GA17.36%
Henry County, GA7.96%
Prince George's County, MD7.70%
Douglas County, GA6.62%
Hampton city, VA6.25%
Bronx County, NY6.11%
Newport News city, VA5.51%
Richmond County, GA4.83%
Gwinnett County, GA4.83%
Montgomery County, AL4.28%
Dutchess County, NY4.26%
Cumberland County, NC3.80%
Charles County, MD3.76%
Wichita County, TX3.76%
Bell County, TX3.72%
Richland County, SC3.52%
Fayette County, GA3.50%
Baltimore city, MD3.48%
Howard County, MD3.42%
Muscogee County, GA3.34%
Houston County, AL3.33%
Orleans Parish, LA3.31%
Norfolk city, VA3.31%
Stafford County, VA3.21%
St. Lucie County, FL3.20%

Those are the top 25.

First thing that stood out to me was that three of the counties (and independent cities) in the top 25 were on this list of the seven counties (of 100K or more) in the US where black household income exceeded that of whites.

sln-nov10-graph.png

I was going to make this a longer post, but I started day drinking.

Peace.

Last edited:

Suge Shot Me

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Also, that top 25 has considerable overlap with the top 25 counties where children with white mothers had black fathers in 2022 (the latter being significantly higher in all cases). So two of the biggest predictors of white men choosing to seed up black women are 1) lack of socioeconomic advantage over the local black population and 2) local white women getting with black men in higher numbers.

Clayton County, GA32.06%
Hampton city, VA13.66%
Prince George's County, MD13.49%
Douglas County, GA13.24%
Newport News city, VA9.97%
Spotsylvania County, VA9.48%
Cumberland County, NC9.20%
St. Lucie County, FL9.00%
Henry County, GA8.92%
Marion County, IN8.77%
Richmond County, GA8.72%
Schenectady County, NY8.70%
Baltimore city, MD8.61%
Gwinnett County, GA8.56%
Monroe County, PA8.30%
Macon County, IL8.30%
Pitt County, NC8.19%
Houston County, AL8.15%
Charles County, MD8.01%
Harrison County, MS7.96%
Robeson County, NC7.95%
Muscogee County, GA7.82%
Comanche County, OK7.70%
Lucas County, OH7.55%
Gregg County, TX7.54%

Last edited:

MasterThought

Superstar
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
I'm so glad I live in a world totally opposite of y'all.

Im so glad I don't live in a world where cacs are taking all of the black women and it's all I think about.

I'm so glad I live in a world where 99% of the black women I see are with a black man.

I feel so sorry for some of y'all.

Suge Shot Me

All Star
Supporter
Daps

Im so glad I don't live in a world where cacs are taking all of the black women and it's all I think about.

I'm so glad I live in a world where 99% of the black women I see are with a black man.

I see maybe 2 or 3 bw/wm couples a year.

Detroit Wave

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The D

:blessed: thats why im never leaving Detroit. The blackest city in america. :wow:

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Daps
"Seven large counties, out of 364 nationwide with at least 5 percent black residents, have a higher
black median income than white."

Black income does not exceed white income in these places.

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Daps

OP came up with a good intellectual thought exercise and you counter with babble because it makes you uncomfortable.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
People date within their socioeconomic bracket. There is data to suggest that overweight white women make significantly less money than normal white women. The income of overweight white women is close to the income of black men, hence…well you see where this is going.

If you live or work around people on your level, you tend to date or marry them on average. Not surprising that least successful white men would be more likely to date black women, for the same reason.

But ultimately the vast majority of black women are in relationships with black men so this isn’t an issue.

Suge Shot Me

All Star
Supporter
Daps
"Seven large counties, out of 364 nationwide with at least 5 percent black residents, have a higher
black median income than white."

Black income does not exceed white income in these places.
Black income does exceed white income in those places. The "at least 5 percent" just means they only looked at counties where black people made up at least 5% of the population.