Dr. Dre Made Erick Sermon Never Want To Write Raps Again

Crumple

All Star
Daps
That's something that is all over Dre's catalog. You listen to early Snoop, Nate, Dogg Pound or whoever, and everybody sounded different. Had their own quirks or identity. But Dre was generally as generic as they come. Turns out that he doesn't even try to write so he's only as good as his ghost writer, which is why he has no real identity in the mic. It's all about his beats and not his verses and he knows it too.

Lol exactly. Those are obviously Snoop bars too. And Erick Sermon has entire decades of him saying something goofy or off handed, but that's why him and Def Squad stood out. Now if we get committee made E Double, I feel like it's going to be less unique and more like everybody else.

Word.

Do you feel something is a tad off from Erik in 2024?

He bragged about big money off a Weekend single which mathematically and streaming wise doesn't add up to me.

Now this thing of not writing.

Dre was dope and quit.

How does Erik think following Dre is a good move?

They have 6 years + in between albums.

Writing in the mic with no pen, and groups of writers is not hip hop to me.

It's scary.

And to hear Erik saying this is a trip.

...Redman and Keith Murray would never!

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
this whole "I don't write" facade is a problem.
Yep. because it went from being a quirky thing that Big and Jay did to becoming a flex. That shyt is cool to the other people in the studio, but besides that people just want the best music possible. If it serves the song better to write it down, then you should definitely write it down.

It turned into a gimmick and a way for people to stunt and flex

Mac Ten

Class of 97 !!!
Daps
Reppin
B-More
People wanna know why I don't write my lines
I tell em that the average listener is either simple or slow so its very asinine and a waste of time and good rhymes

Bishop, Lil Ze mixed with some Henny, call me Crazy
I'll choke a bytch like Darth Vader and then ghost on her azz like Swayze.

Hush your mouth before I rush in your house