Dr. Dre, Sam Sneed and The D.O.C. in the studio

El Jefe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I listened to the whole story on the Sam sneed beat down .... basically it was deathrow taking there anger out on sam sneed over Dre ... Sam talked to pac prior to going into the meeting n was gona give him beats but pac never mentioned that in the meeting .... they were all wrong for doing that n Dre a coward leaving sneed out there to the wolves ...... Dre always been scary

in fairness, dre told sam sneed not to go back there.

Been weird as f seein him rock a death row chain recently specially after all that

U would think that's the last ting he would wanna hang rnd his neck :stopitslime::hhh:

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
This joint right here, bruh! :wow:

96-98 Death Row would’ve been on a fukkin run. All Sam needed was 10 more records like this and U Better Recognize because those tracks fit his style so well. They might have been making $$$ back then but the label needed balance badly but no one was going to listen to anyone.

Travellin' Man

Veteran
Daps
96-98 Death Row would’ve been on a fukkin run. All Sam needed was 10 more records like this and U Better Recognize because those tracks fit his style so well. They might have been making $$$ back then but the label needed balance badly but no one was going to listen to anyone.

I agree 100%, bruh :yes:

Bigsuk

Tha realest n***a
Daps
in fairness, dre told sam sneed not to go back there.
Supose .... sneed was naive thinkin it’s all good .... you can telll pac and suge were just reaching the various amounts ov reasons why they were mad/beefing with Dre .... what people don’t know and especially pac didn’t know was 1 ov the reasons Dre left apart from all the pirus flooding in was ... suge was tellling Dre everything was good as far as how the bank balance was for deathrow but jimmy was pulling Dre to the side telling him that interscope was keep having to make advancements to deathrow ... basically suge and David Kenner were piggy banking the deathrow money for there own lavish lifestyles n Dre was basically cut out ...that was 1 ov the final straws for Dre .... where pac comes into it is that ... suge was telling pac all this shyt like yeah Dre is gona produce your whole album Dre gona do this with u etc etc .... so when that didn’t Happen n we seen where it went suge just kept telling pac bullshyt reasons n pac ran with it ..... eventually I personally feel pac would have opened his eyes sooner or later n seen what really was going on but he was to loyal and a little naive getting out ov jail ...suge the master manipulator ....

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps

I don't see it.

they would've kept banking on the A-team, but snoop & dre were cold and pac was on the verge of burning out.

labels usually don't shed the spotlight on the b-team, even when theyre outshining the A-team. if sam sneed dropped a classic on death row, it would be an in-the-know type of affair. hell, even the dogg pound, who were red hot, are basically treated as a footnote in these death row docs.

then you add the fact that death row took forever to drop music. a lot of this stuff wasn't gonna come out anyway.

then you look at all the labels that were striving during that time with their superstar at their apex, death row was gonna drop down a few pegs regardless.

Been weird as f seein him rock a death row chain recently specially after all that

U would think that's the last ting he would wanna hang rnd his neck

I would wear it too.

lots of money in that death row branding.

Swhere pac comes into it is that ... suge was telling pac all this shyt like yeah Dre is gona produce your whole album Dre gona do this with u etc etc .... so when that didn’t Happen n we seen where it went suge just kept telling pac bullshyt reasons n pac ran with it ..... eventually I personally feel pac would have opened his eyes sooner or later n seen what really was going on but he was to loyal and a little naive getting out ov jail ...suge the master manipulator ....

it helped that pac & dre already didn't particularly like each other beforehand.

Last edited:

Kool Kitty Kat

Caught Up
Daps
I don't see it.

they would've kept banking on the A-team, but snoop & dre were cold and pac was on the verge of burning out.

labels usually don't shed the spotlight on the b-team, even when theyre outshining the A-team. if sam sneed dropped a classic on death row, it would be an in-the-know type of affair. hell, even the dogg pound, who were red hot, are basically treated as a footnote in these death row docs.

then you add the fact that death row took forever to drop music. a lot of this stuff wasn't gonna come out anyway.

then you look at all the labels that were striving during that time with their superstar at their apex, death row was gonna drop down a few pegs regardless.

I would wear it too.

it helped that pac & dre already didn't particularly like each other beforehand.

Sam Sneed's unreleased Death Row album is a classic. Dre and Pac was cool before Death Row.

Bigsuk

Tha realest n***a
Daps
I don't see it.

I would wear it too.

I don’t think Dre disliked pac really ...I just think he had a idea that pac would bring a lot ov drama and mess to the label which is another reason he wanted to leave ... n it was right in retrospect ..... all that pac dissing to me was pac been loyal to suge , suge telling pac lies n using pac as a mouthpiece for his issues with Dre ..... reggie Wright jr even says suge did not want that spilt ....suge just turned into a bitter man wen Dre left ... n he’s been bitter ever since .....

DarkmanX

All Star
Daps
I don't see it.

I would wear it too.

I agree. I however believe Sneed's potential album would've made more noise in the mainstream then people'd expect,
just based on quality.

Dogg Food also didnt have the same machine behind it. This is when Time Warner sold
back its shares to Interscope.

I also heard/read somewhere that the distrubuters didnt believe they'd bank on
Dogg Food, as much as prior D.R. releases, & that also is why Priority distributed it.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Sam Sneed's unreleased Death Row album is a classic. Dre and Pac was cool before Death Row.
I don’t think Dre disliked pac really ...I just think he had a idea that pac would bring a lot ov drama and mess to the label which is another reason he wanted to leave ... n it was right in retrospect ..... all that pac dissing to me was pac been loyal to suge , suge telling pac lies n using pac as a mouthpiece for his issues with Dre ..... reggie Wright jr even says suge did not want that spilt ....suge just turned into a bitter man wen Dre left ... n he’s been bitter ever since .....
I agree. I however believe Sneed's potential album would've made more noise in the mainstream then people'd expect,
just based on quality.

Dogg Food also didnt have the same machine behind it. This is when Time Warner sold
back its shares to Interscope.

I also heard/read somewhere that the distrubuters didnt believe they'd bank on
Dogg Food, as much as prior D.R. releases, & that also is why Priority distributed it.

yea, don't get it twisted, sam sneed was dead ass my favorite rapper back in '95. im just saying a classic album from sam sneed isn't gonna fend off the other labels that were having legendary runs in the late '90s, unless they were to put a machine behind him, which I seriously doubt.
and at least with the dogg pound, they were synonymous with death row from day 1.

as for pac & dre, the jawn from y-n-vee that dated dr. dre, said that pac n dre didn't care for each other, going back to before pac even joined death row.

Last edited: