Dragon Quest 12 Confirmed by Series Creator

Tunez

Lloyd Banks Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside, 2gz Up

Dragon Quest XII already in development according to the series' creator, marking the first official confirmation of the JRPG sequel

Yuji Horii tweeted a New Year’s message on January 1, 2020 discussing everything he and his team had achieved in 2019. Part of this included saying that production on Dragon Quest XII has begun.

As translated by BlackKite (via JapaneseNintendo), Horii’s message reads:

“Happy New Year.

Last year we started with publishing the movie Dragon Quest: Your Story, then releasing the Switch version of Dragon Quest 11, the mobile version of DQ Walk, the announcement of The Adventure of Dai anime along with its game adaptation, the production of [DQ]12 and more; even now after 33 years have passed since I made the 1st game, I feel very glad that I can do new challenges like these. Thank you very much to all users who have cheered on Dragon Quest until now, and also to all of the many staff members who have supported me. I don’t know how long I can go on, but I feel like I want to do my best just a little bit more. I hope this year will be an amazing year to everyone. I’m looking forward to work together in this year.

First day of Reiwa 2

Yuji Horii, game designer”

Previous reports had suggested that Dragon Quest XII was already in the works, but this finally confirms that the game is indeed in active development,

As he mentions, Dragon Quest XI was released in the West on the Nintendo Switch in 2019. That game’s hero was also turned into a playable character for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. 2019 also saw the release of the fantastic Dragon Quest Builders 2, which mixed the JRPG formula with building mechanics.

Dragon Quest 12 Confirmed by Series Creator - IGN

Last edited: