Dragon Quest VIII PS2 appreciation thread.

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
559174-dragon-quest-viii-journey-of-the-cursed-king-playstation-2-manual.jpg

The Dragon Quest series has become one of my favourite Jrpgs and the PS2 Dragon Quest VIII is the reason why. It was my first introduction to the series and I’ve been hooked on the series ever since.

It’s everything I love about a jrpg; Good story, quirky weird characters, simple fighting mechanics and the overworld music was very good.

Ive played it 4 times on the PS2 and might go back very soon and play it again. It’s such a wonderful charming game. I’ve played all the Dragon quest games released so far from 1-11 and VIII is still by far and away my favourite.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
I remember me and my boys begged our parents for this after seeing a commercial for it when we were kids. We all got stuck at the same point of the game against the squid monster and never really played it again :dead:

Fast forward to when I was older I ended up playing it again when I found my PS2 in a random storage box my dad put it in and beat the whole thing. shyt was fantastic. :whew:

I especially loved the monster arena, it was like a game within a game.

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I’d advise you to play the PS2 version on a tv and really enjoy the bigger screen as it looks amazing g on that. The DS version has some extras but not really enough to offset enjoying the game on a bigger screen