Drake on Pace To Sell 220k second week

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lol at Nas and Drake stans going back and forth what a world. I'd rather sell a whole bunch of albums then have a great metacritic score though .
I'm a quality over quantity guy, but I'm not going to lie I rather sell a bunch of records

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
As far as the second week numbers go it's a gray area
Drake still has support from his base, but he did not gain any new fans
If the fan base starts to fall off that's when you start to stress

Low End Derrick

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
They unsticked Drake but kept the Kanye album sticked :russ:

Kanye is the culture.
full

Edub

Veteran
Daps
Anyone can buy an album…. It simple means the artist is great at branding …. Or has a great legacy brand…… if the album wasn’t great….

end of the day getting paid is the point….
but any artist hates the fact their art isn’t considered good and isn’t being appreciated in the art space

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Anyone can buy an album…. It simple means the artist is great at branding …. Or has a great legacy brand…… if the album wasn’t great….

end of the day getting paid is the point….
but any artist hates the fact their art isn’t considered good and isn’t being appreciated in the art space
I mean no one is buying albums and if you’re letting anonymous opinion on the internet guide you then you fukking lost at life

2manyFCKNrappers

mentally i measure kilos
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Kanye still won. People forget he has actual tech with the stem player. I enjoyed a good part of CLB, but DONDA was the better album and will have more impact over time. It’s still a huge W for Drake.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
The "whoa 60-70% drop" argument doesn't matter when you did 600k first week IMO. If this was 10 years ago and you had a huge percentage drop sure, it might mean that you may struggle to quickly go plat unless your singles keep popping. But now? He's gonna do 130-160k in his third week, 100-120k in his fourth week, and then likely do around 60-80k for weeks. Go look at Olivia Rodrigo's weekly sales numbers and the way she's been doing 50-80k for a month straight. To me that's far more impressive than simply saying oh there was a big listener drop off so [insert talking points].

Astroworld was still in the weekly top 50 album chart a month or two ago. DAMN was in the top 50 for what, two years straight if not more? Hell you can look at the charts right now and see GKMC is at 43. Nearly ten years after it came out, it sold 12,000 albums last week. For reference, Cole's new album came out 4 months ago and is doing 15-18k a week. I get that people like dismissing streaming but this era has given has far more relevant data on the consumption of music than any other era. You can literally gauge whether an album "came and went" or not. You can gauge what is resonating, what didn't work so well, etc.