Drake Ready To Move Forward Without YMCMB? "With Wayne & Birdman It's Just Business"

Dotcom

OnAComUP
Daps
I don't even know why people think Drake is still Ymcmb lol, the guy been screaming Oovoo or Ovo for the past 2 or 3 years
that YM stuff is all paperwork contract, Wayne let Drake in the door, Drake being Jewish already probably had the keys to the house?

Patrick Kane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's the one thing I think he's fukked up with during this whole saga. ..imo he should've been spoke on that shyt. ..refusing to makes it worse

He didn't speak on it specifically but he just downplayed that whole era as just trying to do a mixtape and it not even being that serious and not expecting much from it :comeon:

director_of_bands

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
qc NC
just business? I thought thats what it always was...(imo) Universal just associated him with the YMCMB brand to instantly gain the cred he needed from the sheeple fans :jbhmm:similar to how Interscope teamed Game up with G-Unit :jbhmm:

OnlyInCalifornia

Southern California/Vegas
Daps
Reppin
The Coli's 420th member
He can wear Owls, Snakes, Sharks, or Mice but a contract is a contract. Not sure why people though Drake and Lil Wayne go skateboarding once a week and take vacations together.

This is natural. When an artist gets big on their own, it is time for them to break off and bring up their own artists.

Nothing wrong with what Drake is doing and nothing wrong with what Wayne is doing.

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
He can wear Owls, Snakes, Sharks, or Mice but a contract is a contract. Not sure why people though Drake and Lil Wayne go skateboarding once a week and take vacations together.

This is natural. When an artist gets big on their own, it is time for them to break off and bring up their own artists.

Nothing wrong with what Drake is doing and nothing wrong with what Wayne is doing.
I'm saying. Baby aint stupid and he has this nikka locked up in all kinds of shyt. Drake is the man now and portrays that shyt to the public but best believe Baby and Slim are making major money off of that nikka. He can try to distance himself all he wants but contracts are contracts.

BK The Great

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BK NY
YMCMB gave him the platform to do more things but it's clear as day he's his own man now. OVO Sound is his label right? eventually that will take over the Cash Money emblem, it's just a matter of time. he doesn't even speak to Nicki no more. chances are he doesn't speak to any of his YMCMB label mates.

OVO Sound - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

OnlyInCalifornia

Southern California/Vegas
Daps
Reppin
The Coli's 420th member
I'm saying. Baby aint stupid and he has this nikka locked up in all kinds of shyt. Drake is the man now and portrays that shyt to the public but best believe Baby and Slim are making major money off of that nikka. He can try to distance himself all he wants but contracts are contracts.

Exactly.

This is an old trick the music businesses has used in every genre for a really long time. They lock young up coming artists up for a really long time in contracts that will not be broken. If the artist is good enough to have a career that isn't a flash in the pan they can fight to be free eventually. Drake isn't quite there yet :yeshrug:

mr.africa

Veteran
Daps
:ufdup:no questions about quentin if you want me to do this interview, you got it???
:whoa:of course mr. 6fra..., i mean mr. 6god!!!