Daps
Reppin
NULL
Drake Scores First Hot 100 No. 1 as Lead Artist With 'One Dance'

Drake-cr-Caitlin-Cronenberg-2016-billboard-1548-650.jpg

Drake reigns with his smash from his album 'Views,' the new No. 1 title on the Billboard 200. Plus, Fifth Harmony hits the top five & new Hot 100 top 10s for the Chainsmokers & Daya and Calvin Harris & Rihanna.
Drake celebrates his first No. 1 as a lead artist on the Billboard Hot 100 (dated May 21), as "One Dance," featuring WizKid and Kyla, climbs 2-1. The track is from his new album, Views, which, as previously reported, debuts at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 with his best sales week and a record-setting weekly streaming total.

Plus, the Chainsmokers and Daya rise to the Hot 100's top 10 and Calvin Harris and Rihanna debut in the upper region at No. 9.

Drake's 'Views' Debuts at No. 1 on Billboard 200 Chart, Sets Streaming Record

As Drake enjoys the view from the top of the Hot 100, let's run down the chart's top 10 and more, as we do every Monday when the chart is refreshed. Highlights of the airplay, sales and streaming-based Hot 100 post on Billboard.com each Monday, with all charts updated each Tuesday.

"Dance," released on Young Money/Cash Money/Republic Records, becomes Drake's first Hot 100 No. 1 in a lead role, following two toppers as a featured artist, both on tracks with Rihanna as the lead: "What's My Name?" (one week, 2010) and "Work," which spent its last of nine weeks at No. 1 three weeks ago (on the April 30-dated chart). As a lead, Drake had previously peaked as high as No. 2 twice: with his debut hit "Best I Ever Had" in 2009 and "Hotline Bling" last year.

Drake Sets New Hot 100 Record With 20 Simultaneously Charting Songs

Drake's first coronation as a lead artist had clearly been a goal of the star's: as "Bling" was scaling the Hot 100 last year, Drake posted on Instagram: "If I get my first number one [as a lead] … it will be the biggest moment of my career."

"Dance" is the 1,054th No. 1 in the Hot 100's history, which dates to Aug. 4, 1958. It also becomes Drake's 16th No. 1 on Billboard's Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart, where it likewise lifts 2-1.

"Dance" soars to the Hot 100's summit powered by its 10-1 rebound on the Digital Songs chart, up by 32 percent to 160,000 downloads sold in the week ending May 5, according to Nielsen Music (after having led the April 30 sales list), and its 2-1 ascent on Streaming Songs, gaining by 41 percent to 37.4 million U.S. streams and becoming Drake's second leader on the list (following "Work"). The track additionally jumps 12-8 on Radio Songs (87 million in airplay audience, up 25 percent) to become his 15th top 10 on the tally; dating to Drake's first week on Radio Songs (May 23, 2009), he ties Rihanna for the most top 10s in that span.

(Quick quiz: Can you name the last Hot 100 No. 1s prior to Drake's that include the words "one" and "dance" in their titles? Answer at the end of this story.)

"Dance" dethrones Desiigner's "Panda" (1-2) on the Hot 100 after two weeks at No. 1. Still, the track increases by 1 percent to 37 million streams, although it slips 1-2 after three weeks atop Streaming Songs. It bounds 13-6 on Digital Songs (102,000, up less than 1 percent) and 19-16 on Radio Songs (57 million, up 13 percent). The rapper's debut hit spends a fifth week at No. 1 on Billboard's Hot Rap Songs chart.

Drake Scores First Hot 100 No. 1 as Lead Artist With 'One Dance'

Views also debuted at No. 1 this week. :wow:

Drake haters stay losing. :laff: Y'all ain't had a W yet.

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
Can't lie breh is a master at making pop singles, he should write for all these birds so that pop radio becomes bearable :ahh:
The one with Rihanna that he sampled from Jamie XX, this, Hotline Bling, We're going home, Controlla :ehh: Anyone from 5 to 60 can play those.

He still a 10 times better rapper, which is the reason why I probably won't play more than 4 songs from this album in my headphones.