Drake - Scorpion (Discussion Thread)

Magic Mulatto

Here Today, Gone Tomorrow. . .
Daps
Why did he use someone else's song for his album trailer? :dwillhuh:

Guess he approached the teaser like your typical Hollywood director/producer/editor who prefer using songs/music that belong to other artists or projects for whatever reason.
:yeshrug:

nikkas bought and streamed that shyt then trashed it. I actually like Drake but the shyt was trash.

Drake don’t do trash :ufdup:

That playlist got chunes that get play and will continue to get play, so nikkas like you better invest in some headtop protection.
:umad:

BlackMafia

Superstar
Daps
Guess he approached the teaser like your typical Hollywood director/producer/editor who prefer using songs/music that belong to other artists or projects for whatever reason.
:yeshrug:

Drake don’t do trash :ufdup:

That playlist got chunes that get play and will continue to get play, so nikkas like you better invest in some headtop protection.
:umad:
:heh:I remember the day More Life dropped Coli was praising it as his best work. Then as soon as sales came in not as high as Views, they started trashing it.
:blessed:Final #'s don't lie though. It's a fukking incredible playlist that's double platinum in US alone. So many vibes on there.
:blessed:Scorpion bout to have Drake in every sound system for the rest of 2018. A Side B Side for ya head top.

JJ Evans

All Star
Daps

That beat is flames

giphy.gif

:blessed:

doublenegative

I Heard A Dope Beat
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
The Song Maker and the SK 5
If anything, Drake has proven he is insulated. Album will do numbers regardless of the Pusha T debacle or how he handles it.

We tend to generalize and use superlatives too often here at The Coli. Drake has made notable music for more than a decade, which is an accomplishment unto itself.

Besides, why post in a thread for someone you hate?

RAW_SPK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
N.I.N.
My take since Mal pretty much confirmed its a double disc is that this might be the only way Duppy can have a true classic album that highlights both his Rap and R&B side. Other times it sounds uneven. Splitting em up is gonna work to his advantage. Especially if each side is 7-8 tracks.

Mr. Jack Napier

#MambaForever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
My take since Mal pretty much confirmed its a double disc is that this might be the only way Duppy can have a true classic album that highlights both his Rap and R&B side. Other times it sounds uneven. Splitting em up is gonna work to his advantage. Especially if each side is 7-8 tracks.

This actually makes a lot of sense. We shall see tonight.

Preach Jackson

All Star
Daps
Reppin
somewhere in southside
blackface photos aside i think scorpion will sound more polished socially in comparison to Ye and Nasir. If it’s true a double disc long overdue for drake style of music. Those who wish he did a full rap album can get that and vice versa. It would bad if he’s plays it safe and doesn’t push the bar further. He does have redeem himself for Views.

EddieMurfee

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
WEST COAST
Yup i think itll be a 2 disc Rap/r&b..
It'll either cement his musical legacy or bring him down a notch if not a great album, due to the Pusha battle loss.......he has to go all out on this...this will be his last foray in the music industry b4 he goes full-on actor mode ie Will Smith. then he'll just release music once every 3 yrs or more Just watch and see..mark my words

b_low_brown

Daddyface
Daps
Lmao Drake stans are like Trump stans

They don’t care about the facts they only care what their dear leader says and they want to live vicariously through their dear leader/papi

Pusha is like Mueller :demonic:
Mueller ain’t drop shyt yet though :ufdup:

Imagine Pusha taking 2 years to reply. Y’all would say he ain’t gonna come out with shyt.