Draymond: KD leaving Warriors was a slap in the face after we treated him well

goatmane

Veteran
Daps
:Ultimately, when Kevin came here, the main person who has to sign off on that is Steph. So to open your door, to open your arms and accept someone with open arms, and it goes great and it’s short-lived, it’s a slap in the face.”

Green corrected himself.

“Not necessarily a slap in the face, when someone chooses to do something else. But a slap in the face like, ‘I opened my home to you. I brought you into this. I made you a part of this. I wanted you to be a part of this until we couldn’t do it no more. Then when you wanna do something else.’ No hard feelings, no ill will, want you to do great no matter what. It’s a brotherhood.

“But … you’re a competitor and the competitor in you is going to want to prove you wrong, want to show you that you made a mistake.”

Source: NBA Finals: Stephen Curry didn't need validation, but his 4th Warriors title put any debate to rest

Daps
From an entertainment perspective, it would've been dope to see just how long they could've been dominant for, but it just wasn't meant to be. Ultimately, I'm glad it turned out the way it did, because it would've been a crime against basketball if Steph never got his deserved props. He's the nucleus of it all; he's the everything.

Always has and always will be.

And now, nxggas can't say shyt about him.

DanielAlfredsson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So is he feeling a way about it or not? Is it a slap in the face or all good no ill will? Whole thing seems contradictory. And I thought these two squashed whatever "issues" they had with the interview thing?

I'm curious if a reporter asked a Q about KD or he just brought this up himself. If so, why? He just won his 4th ring and had a helluva game in the clincher to get it. Why bring up old shyt? Be happy!