Dropped my external Hard Drive, think I'm fukked

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
Usually extra careful but i accidentally drop dat shyt from table height. When i boot it up it powers on and the motor tries to spin. It ends up not spinning and makes a beep (no scratching noises) this happens a few more times then it powers down. Is there anyhope for this drive, i obviously got shyt on there i would like to keep. What are my best options?

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
You're fukked. I've attempted to repair them, but the fixes usually don't work.

Unless it something really important just hold the L and save yourself the time.

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
Usually extra careful but i accidentally drop dat shyt from table height. When i boot it up it powers on and the motor tries to spin. It ends up not spinning and makes a beep (no scratching noises) this happens a few more times then it powers down. Is there anyhope for this drive, i obviously got shyt on there i would like to keep. What are my best options?
You could try removing the drive and connecting it to an adapter and see if maybe your computer can read it that way. How important is the stuff on it? If it something you can't live without then you could send it to a data recovery service though you could looking at 1k+ with no guarantee.