Dru Hill is challenging ANYBODY to do a VERZUZ with them ; Calls out Jodeci & Boyz ii Men

Awesome Wells

The Ghost of Jack Tripper
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
jeep music wasn’t about being upbeat as much as it was hard hitting - xscape’s just kickin and kellz you remind me being prime examples. And that front half of the show after party hotel is mid tempo. Lastly hip hop records vary in BPM, so that’s a very loose comparison.

Jodeci wasn’t an uptempo group. Hip hop, yes, ballad, yea, mid tempo, sure…upbeat? Nah

Jeep music was about harder beats. Jodeci was using breakbeats at their actual BPM rate. R&B in the early to mid 90's, was about a lot of different things. But Jodeci was all about having a variety of shyt. They always spoke about how they wanted to make music that was sexy, but also for the streets with beats that someone could easily rap over too. They were using EPMD loops and using MC's that Boyz II Men would never touch.

No one said they were an "uptempo group". What was said, was that they gave you a mad variety of sounds. And literally had a lot of "upbeat" tracks in the catalogue. Like I said, in '95, Devante said that the third album will be "more upbeat". When they did the behind the video of "Get On Up", K-Ci said, 'We want people to dance too, not just make babies". They intentionally wanted to make more upbeat shyt and said so. So if you're disagreeing, you're disagreeing with the group too, lol.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Jeep music was about harder beats. Jodeci was using breakbeats at their actual BPM rate. R&B in the early to mid 90's, was about a lot of different things. But Jodeci was all about having a variety of shyt. They always spoke about how they wanted to make music that was sexy, but also for the streets with beats that someone could easily rap over too. They were using EPMD loops and using MC's that Boyz II Men would never touch.

No one said they were an "uptempo group". What was said, was that they gave you a mad variety of sounds. And literally had a lot of "upbeat" tracks in the catalogue. Like I said, in '95, Devante said that the third album will be "more upbeat". When they did the behind the video of "Get On Up", K-Ci said, 'We want people to dance too, not just make babies". They intentionally wanted to make more upbeat shyt and said so. So if you're disagreeing, you're disagreeing with the group too, lol.
Yes, I’m disagreeing with the group. I read upbeat as uptempo which 99% of their songs are not. Now if y’all are using upbeat to simply mean “not slow” then fine - that’s why I identified that their not slow songs are actually what would be considered mid tempo.

And all that first paragraph has nothing to do with tempo. No one or arguing they didn’t make shot that slapped hard in a jeep - that doesn’t make it upbeat or uptempo

Awesome Wells

The Ghost of Jack Tripper
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
Yes, I’m disagreeing with the group. I read upbeat as uptempo which 99% of their songs are not. Now if y’all are using upbeat to simply mean “not slow” then fine - that’s why I identified that their not slow songs are actually what would be considered mid tempo.

And all that first paragraph has nothing to do with tempo. No one or arguing they didn’t make shot that slapped hard in a jeep - that doesn’t make it upbeat or uptempo

In music, most R&B ballads are 50-80 BPM's. "Upbeat" for R&B is typically anything higher than 80. Morris from B2M said that as a group, they're primarily balladeers. The point, was that Jodeci had a mad variety of tracks. They never did just one thing mostly. They actually said they didn't want to.

The first paragraph makes sense if you know about the actual records I'm referring to. It literally has everything to do with tempo. Do the research.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
In music, most R&B ballads are 50-80 BPM's. "Upbeat" for R&B is typically anything higher than 80. Morris from B2M said that as a group, they're primarily balladeers. The point, was that Jodeci had a mad variety of tracks. They never did just one thing mostly. They actually said they didn't want to.

The first paragraph makes sense if you know about the actual records I'm referring to. It literally has everything to do with tempo. Do the research.
:rolleyes:

i know jodeci's music, you can feel free to pinpoint what tracks you're thinking of specifically as i can't read minds cuz everything flowing thru my mind is mid tempo

IAMDetroit

"Yall Nig*as"
Daps
Reppin
D
:leostare:
mel-jackson_2048135.jpg
I hate this nikka and I never knew his name

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Dru Hill was really dope, but they can't fukk with either Jodeci or Boyz II Men.

When they dropped, everyone said they were jacking Jodeci, and they were. But they had some joints. Thing is, you have to go with the two trailblazers. And that's Jodeci and Boyz II Men. Only thing is, Boyz II Men didn't have the variety that Jodeci had. Most of their shyt was ballads. Jodeci could give you ballads and harder upbeat tracks too. So I'm not sure how well that battle would match.

:dahell:

It's the other way around.

Jodeci wasn't good at uptempo.

Boyz ii Men blew up and became household names off of uptempo first. They were BIV 10 EAST COAST FAMILY. you can't rewrite history. Motown philly is one of the biggest new jack swing hits ever.