Dudes out here really into this?! :dead:

SheWantTheD

Veteran
Daps

I've known about ASMR for a while, but it seems like now it's just becoming an erotic fetish. I thought people used it to put themselves at peace and help them sleep better.

I don't understand the whole thing though, that sh ain't peaceful to me. This video is 2 hours long, wouldn't be surprised if one dude actually watched the entire thing :dead:

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps

I've known about ASMR for a while, but it seems like now it's just becoming an erotic fetish. I thought people used it to put themselves at peace and help them sleep better.

I don't understand the whole thing though, that sh ain't peaceful to me. This video is 2 hours long, wouldn't be surprised if one dude actually watched the entire thing :dead:

The fact that ASMR is sexualized is really, really....irritating. People ruin everything. :snoop:

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
what else is it? It ain't a lava lamp

Its a relaxation thing. Its really not even about the sound its self but the process of said sound. Some people equate it to brain tingles (which is pretty accurate).

It isn't just whispering, sometimes its crinkling paper, or tapping of a keyboard or the low hum of an AC unit. Almost like everyday sounds that relax you. Nothing really to do with anything sexual.

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
Its a relaxation thing. Its really not even about the sound its self but the process of said sound. Some people equate it to brain tingles (which is pretty accurate).

It isn't just whispering, sometimes its crinkling paper, or tapping of a keyboard or the low hum of an AC unit. Almost like everyday sounds that relax you. Nothing really to do with anything sexual.
I respect that that's it's origins. Essentially that's/it's meditation as far as intents and purposes. but if these videos had the same intentions they'd be strictly audio, no visual. It'd be on soundcloud and not youtube. In other words, whatever ASMR originally is, this is a corrupt derivative...

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
I respect that that's it's origins. Essentially that's/it's meditation as far as intents and purposes. but if these videos had the same intentions they'd be strictly audio, no visual. It'd be on soundcloud and not youtube. In other words, whatever ASMR originally is, this is a corrupt derivative...

Lots of it is audio only. But there's also sound + light based ones. Not to mention YouTube is probably the most accessible medium.

THESE videos with chicks trying to be sexy and shyt is not the true purpose of it at all and gives it an even higher level of creepy (of which I already acknowledge that its not the most "normal" thing.)

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area

Didnt watch the video
Or really know whats going on in this thread

But when the AC is runnin shyt knocks me out quicker/better sleep when im boutta sleep :ohhh:

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
Lots of it is audio only. But there's also sound + light based ones. Not to mention YouTube is probably the most accessible medium.

THESE videos with chicks trying to be sexy and shyt is not the true purpose of it at all and gives it an even higher level of creepy (of which I already acknowledge that its not the most "normal" thing.)
true & true

word to cosplay lowkey :pachaha: