Dunk & Egg - Game of Thrones Prequel TV Series (In Development @ HBO)

melraH

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
UPTOWN
This one would be dope, and if it is it won't last longer than 3 seasons since the Fat Fukk hasn't released a novela in years. But just of the strength of seeing prime Blood raven in action :ohlawd:

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
This one would be dope, and if it is it won't last longer than 3 seasons since the Fat Fukk hasn't released a novela in years. But just of the strength of seeing prime Blood raven in action :ohlawd:
No!!!!!

I'm so tired of repeating myself:snoop:

GRRM has said constantly that the end of the Dunk and Egg saga is at the retreat at Summer Hall and the birth of Rhaegar Targaryen. (Notice how I danced around spoilers.)

Therefore it has to go beyond the published works.

melraH

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
UPTOWN
No!!!!!

I'm so tired of repeating myself:snoop:

GRRM has said constantly that the end of the Dunk and Egg saga is at the retreat at Summer Hall and the birth of Rhaegar Targaryen. (Notice how I danced around spoilers.)

Therefore it has to go beyond the published works.

What are you even getting at
Breh I read these Books since a clash of kings came out :flabbynsick:

this has Goat potential and there is a lot mapped out in the main series and the History books maybe 7-8 seasons. But not detailed due to GRRM writing style.

But that's not going to happen. He can't help himself if House of the Dragon becomes a Hit or this does he is going to go on tours and conventions signing books. Plus Wildcards :troll:He signs so many books his autograph is almost worthless on the market. And I'm a Stan I'm just being realistic. 3 seasons and then it becomes a mess if the show runner does something GRRM doesn't like he will get frustrated and step away from the show. People are who they are and he is a procrastinating perfectionist who luv the attention. And gets sidelined by too many projects.

Last edited:

Blackfyre

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Earthrealm

‘Game of Thrones’ Prequel Series ‘A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms: The Hedge Knight’ Ordered at HBO

The “Game of Thrones” prequel based on George R.R. Martin’s “Dunk and Egg” books is officially moving forward at HBO.

The announcement was made during Warner Bros. Discovery presentation to press and investors on April 12, in which it was announced that the combined HBO Max and Discovery+ streaming service will be known simply as Max. It also comes a little over two years after Variety exclusively reported that the series was in development.

The show is based on the series of fantasy novellas by Martin, which follow the adventures of Ser Duncan the Tall (Dunk) and a young Aegon V Targaryen (Egg) 90 years prior to the events of “A Song of Ice and Fire.”

The series is currently titled “A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms: The Hedge Knight.” The official logline states, “A century before the events of ‘Game of Thrones,’ two unlikely heroes wandered Westeros… a young, naïve but courageous knight, Ser Duncan the Tall, and his diminutive squire, Egg. Set in an age when the Targaryen line still holds the Iron Throne and the memory of the last dragon has not yet passed from living memory, great destinies, powerful foes, and dangerous exploits all await these improbable and incomparable friends.”

Martin will serve as writer and executive producer, as will Ira Parker, who was a co-executive producer on Season 1 of “House of the Dragon.” “Game of Thrones” and “House of the Dragon” vets Ryan Condal and Vince Gerardis will serve as executive producers.

melraH

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
UPTOWN
In but with the news of this and GRRM being a writer for the show means we are never getting the main series finale.

Tansele too tall better be Hot as fuuuuck. And Tywin's mama in season 2 :shaq:

Last edited:

Blackfyre

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Earthrealm

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps