Durag Dynasty - “Neighborhood Dope Dealers”

Uchiha God

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
no offense, honestly, but i was watching this video, mind i never heard of these nikkas, and in my head as soon as they started rapping i started thinking how many "rappity rapper"(i don't mean that with negative connotations) cliches they gon cross off the list. 2 minutes in the video i was able to cross off:

"generals"
"intellectual"
"scientific"
"scholars"
"biblical"
"lyrically"
and "pyramids"

didn't watch the rest, and i hope fans of them don't get offended, but i realized how for every criticism hip-hop in its "trap music" and "gangsta rap" forms, receives for being repetitive and uninventive, hip-hop in the form that's in this video is just as culpable of the supposed same faults, which makes it hypocritical and hilarious when supposed "hip-hop heads" go on in them tirades.

CEITEDMOFO

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
no offense, honestly, but i was watching this video, mind i never heard of these nikkas, and in my head as soon as they started rapping i started thinking how many "rappity rapper"(i don't mean that with negative connotations) cliches they gon cross off the list. 2 minutes in the video i was able to cross off:

"generals"
"intellectual"
"scientific"
"scholars"
"biblical"
"lyrically"
and "pyramids"

didn't watch the rest, and i hope fans of them don't get offended, but i realized how for every criticism hip-hop in its "trap music" and "gangsta rap" forms, receives for being repetitive and uninventive, hip-hop in the form that's in this video is just as culpable of the supposed same faults, which makes it hypocritical and hilarious when supposed "hip-hop heads" go on in them tirades.

Im reading this and i literally laughing at your response. You need to play catch up young breh. Critique an artist base on nOT knowing them and only peeping one video.......:snoop:

you need to research Planet Asia (they are many threads on him here)

and tristate who has some of the illest wordplay on the underground.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
New Durag Dynasty? :gladbron: :blessed:

I still blast the 360 Waves album heavy :antonio:

Yeah man they dropped 2 joints over Just Blaze beats this year. The video in this thread, and this next one which Just Blaze made for Jay, Jeezy, and Ross. The beat in the original post was supposed to be a conclusion/follow up to Dear Moleskin by Jay Elec.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu

"generals"
"intellectual"
"scientific"
"scholars"
"biblical"
"lyrically"
and "pyramids"

Durag Dynasty is funny like that.

They definitely do the lyrical miracle thing, as well as a lot of 5% slang, but they're from Cali. Planet Asia is a CA underground legends, and Killer Ben and Tri-State are both well known underground acts out there also. The only project that I know that the trio ever dropped was called 360 Waves in 2013, and Alchemist produced all of it.

I definitely can't throw them on anytime, but sometimes I like their stuff and that 360 Waves album did have some bangers on it.

Uchiha God

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Im reading this and i literally laughing at your response. You need to play catch up young breh. Critique an artist base on nOT knowing them and only peeping one video.......:snoop:

you need to research Planet Asia (they are many threads on him here)

and tristate who has some of the illest wordplay on the underground.

i'm criticising them based on the content that's put before me, i don't know what makes you believe one's motivation to delve into artists catalog should be inherent and readily available. it does not work like that fam. what i heard from them here, i've heard a thousand times before, and that's all i said, i didn't branch out and comment on their overall artistry.

anyways i don't want to dirty the thread. enjoy the music.

CEITEDMOFO

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
it does not work like that fam.

this is your opinion and its false.

what i heard from them here, i've heard a thousand times before, and that's all i said, i didn't branch out and comment on their overall artistry.

also basically what im saying is they are more than just some complex rappers. you'll find song with them from Mitchy Slick to Blu to Cellski. so you cant place them in a box breh.