Durk won? What's the last Youngboy song that rang off like that??

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
YB stopped chasing mainstream clout after moving to Utah and just makes music for his core fans now

Sincerely Kentrell is his best project since he came home but there’s been a few deep cuts people missed because he’s not mainstream anymore

Right on queue posting trash music.
:dead:

Mac Ten

Class of 97 !!!
Daps
Reppin
B-More
YB is probably laying low...

Maybe he also realized that it's better to put out quality vs quantity.

BBG

Superstar
Daps
aight i'm finally gon give Durk a chance off this thread. just grabbed signed to the streets I and III
What the hell made you decide to just randomly go back 10 years for them tapes? And what you mean grabbed them old head you telling me you don't stream :dahell:

Anyway, I remember being 22 when the first STTS came out. Me and my nikka was in a BMW sliding around Las Vegas banging that shyt going ku. Everywhere we go we bring Chicago wit us. These was the standouts for me.

Bang Bros
100 Rounds
Who Is This
Dis Ain't What U Want
One Night
52 Bars pt. 2

Lot of it sounds dated now but Bang Bros is a timeless Chicago classic in my humble opinion. STTS 2 was a miss I thought that shyt was ass even back then. I didn't like a single track on there but Gas And Mud would get the lil ratchets dancing at the time but that was about it.

Before 2017 I always preferred Keef and Herb over Durk. It wasn't until the tape "They Forgot" dropped where I was like :whoo: and realized he had been getting better every year since I first heard him in 2012

They Forgot (title track)
Too Late
Hard shyt
Rico
We Dem nikkas (Mozzy feature for you West Coast nikkas)
Rich Forever

People who wasn't paying attention can't tell you what the turning point was but I assure you it was this tape. The quality from this point on was on a totally different level than everything that preceded it. It's not his best tape, but it's a good starting point. If you gonna give him a fair chance, check these recommendations I posted and tell me what you think. I've heard a lot of older dudes fw Durk but everybody different.

YB has an enormous amount of mid in his catalog
Yep, that's the reason I eventually stopped checking for him. I'm too old to still be sifting through a myriad of mid to find gems.. fat Gucci was the last artist I dedicated that much time to doing that for.

this slaps tho

:ld: it's alright.

Cloutius Maximus

with the aid of the Funk...
Daps
Reppin
Pasa/Altadena
What the hell made you decide to just randomly go back 10 years for them tapes? And what you mean grabbed them old head you telling me you don't stream :dahell:
i downloaded them off soulseek, i don't do spotify. FLAC only over here. those are his two rated highest projects on rate your music

also downloaded some choice cuts from his other projects to check them out
i fukk with these so far

• Dap
Reactions: BBG