EA flop Immortals of Aveum reportedly cost around $125 million

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
RDR -- RDR 2 was a huge step up.

GTA5 -- GTA6 will be a huge step up.
people expect every sequel to be a "step up"

anyway, their success has a lot to do with the franchise's history, and existing features, not just new features. and obviously making another GTA is much safer than an actual new IP

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Put all that money into FPS wizards. Corny. This USA nighk. We don't cast spells like Naruto we buss guns like wick. Should have marketing this shyt in england hard where all that Harry spotter shyt flies.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Ya'll complain about microtransactions, but, the real problem is these bloated ass budgets
The problem is shytty games.. If you can make a great game with 10 milion, then you can make a great game with 150 million....

So why is your 150 million dollar game a piece of trash? It wasn't the money

Easy-E

Suffering From Success | 1316 Days
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Island of Relevancy, Forever
The problem is shytty games.. If you can make a great game with 10 milion, then you can make a great game with 150 million....

So why is your 150 million dollar game a piece of trash? It wasn't the money

It's usually because with that much money, not enough space to be innovative and you end up chasing a trend to be safe.

Ya'll keep forgetting that studios are regularly closing up after their games flop.

$10 Million dollars generallly won't sink a company.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
That's why these big budget games flop. It's not because they're new IPs and people won't try new things. It's because the games are trash and we have WAY too many options to pay for garbage.

These big companies aren't run by gamers anymore. It's a bunch of suits looking at "data" and dictating the direction of their trash ass games. Then they wonder why the games flop when they don't even play or like games themselves.
Close thread

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
It's usually because with that much money, not enough space to be innovative and you end up chasing a trend to be safe.

Ya'll keep forgetting that studios are regularly closing up after their games flop.

$10 Million dollars generallly won't sink a company.
I agree. What I'm saying is, give the dudes making excellent games with 10 million, 150 million.

Stop trying to throw money at shytty devs who make shytty games. Rockstar spends the money but if they didn't have elite devs, nobody would care. Put the money in paying the top talent and not just effects and bullshyt.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
I agree. What I'm saying is, give the dudes making excellent games with 10 million, 150 million.

Stop trying to throw money at shytty devs who make shytty games. Rockstar spends the money but if they didn't have elite devs, nobody would care. Put the money in paying the top talent and not just effects and bullshyt.
To further this, aren't the vast majority of these studios shutting down and laying people off American/European?

The Japanese studios are consistently cranking out quality games every 2-4 years. The Yakuza devs, Fromsoft, the Nintendo teams, the Persona devs, Square, Capcom, etc.