EA flop Immortals of Aveum reportedly cost around $125 million

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
To be fair EA doesn't have a vision as an gaming company. The last thing innovative they did they refused to push.
That's why these big budget games flop. It's not because they're new IPs and people won't try new things. It's because the games are trash and we have WAY too many options to pay for garbage.

These big companies aren't run by gamers anymore. It's a bunch of suits looking at "data" and dictating the direction of their trash ass games. Then they wonder why the games flop when they don't even play or like games themselves.

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I mean, thats sad. A big publisher put a lot of money into a new original IP. Its not a good thing that it failed
It’s not a good thing at all. You’re starting to see that developers are going to have big budgets for legacy titles that are system sellers. Or do more GAAS games. I think we are reaching a point where we will start seeing less high budget single player games that are new ip. Unless they start creating games with AI which will create more job losses. I see why Sony and Microsoft are e considering multi platform. We are in some interesting times with the gaming industry.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
It’s not a good thing at all. You’re starting to see that developers are going to have big budgets for legacy titles that are system sellers. Or do more GAAS games. I think we are reaching a point where we will start seeing less high budget single player games that are new ip. Unless they start creating games with AI which will create more job losses. I see why Sony and Microsoft are e considering multi platform. We are in some interesting times with the gaming industry.

I think well known studios will be able to get away with making new IP but a new studio like this, from EA ,is probably not gonna have many people checking for it.

I expect a lot of attention to be on Judas when it releases. Hopefully its not another Callisto situation

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
I honestly think people here (and ‘older’ gamers in general) cling too much to the past.

Like BioWare, Bethesda, Rocksteady, etc. these devs are just washed and we don’t really need to wait around for them to get it together. There’s new developers or smaller developers stepping up to the plate every day.

People are waiting around on Elder Scrolls 6 knowing damn well it’s gonna be some mid. Bethesda has put out nothing of note since Fallout 4 and even that wasn’t that great. Same with BioWare and Dragon Age.

There will be new developers that will make better RPG’s before then.

Folks keep forgetting that talent usually leaves and goes to other places, especially when they get bought out. Build up a studio, get bought out by dumbass EA, then leave with the cash.:lolbron:

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps

Nope. EA said the same thing and got shytted on. Remember?

Sony fans buy PS5 strictly for single player games and the high budget new IPs. The Last of Us. Ghost of Tsushima. Days Gone. Sony studios whipping up new IP shyt right now. And that's not even mention 3rd party developers like Rockstar with GTA 6 and RDR which might as well be new IP with all the new features.