MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
c7pxjjwtisp71.jpg

Ugo Ogugwa

Neega Wotsssss
Supporter
Daps
Excuses. Africans need to build their country and stop bringing up the past.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
It's German. Anti-colonial cartoon aimed at depicting the whole ordeal as a waste of time for their nation, while taking shots at their degenerate rivals.
Thanks. Interesting that the Belgian atrocities are referenced, and the German cartoonist implies that their colonies were hands off the indigenous people. Facts said different.

European people were really kept in the dark about the brutality and murder that went on in their colonies. I'd assume that propaganda like this cartoon was the norm in German media.

The genocidal actions of the Germans in Africa were a precursor to what they would allegedly do later in the 1930s and 40s to other groups. If members of those groups used their positions in media to report the earlier atrocities, perhaps they could have prevented what happened to them.

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
Thanks. Interesting that the Belgian atrocities are referenced, and the German cartoonist implies that their colonies were hands off the indigenous people. Facts said different.

European people were really kept in the dark about the brutality and murder that went on in their colonies. I'd assume that propaganda like this cartoon was the norm in German media.

The genocidal actions of the Germans in Africa were a precursor to what they would allegedly do later in the 1930s and 40s to other groups. If members of those groups used their positions in media to report the earlier atrocities, perhaps they could have prevented what happened to them.
I know that the abuses of King Leopold became pretty widely known in Belgium and was one of the reasons, or pretexts, motivating the buy-out of the colony by the state (which led to a ban of forced labor on paper but not in practice).

I don't know how much the other peoples knew, or cared to know though.

Bolded is very true. "First they came for..."

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
Wouldn't Haiti look different if the French mingle with their slaves? Unlike Spain which actually did.

They did. That's how you got the mulatto/les gen de couleurs class. DR was different because they weren't agriculture heavy. It was more cattle-breeding and ranching, IIRC.

Yehuda

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't get the German joint, what is he doing?