Eastern Conferences playoffs is hella garbage

chowism

King of Short Gang
Daps
F*ck outta here Rockets-Spurs has been more entertaining than the whole Eastern Conference playoffs combined, and that's not saying much :francis:
nikka please the best series so far has been in the east. It was Celtics vs Wizards. nikkas just want an excuse to blame the east but NBA as a whole is garbage.

JordanwiththeWiz

you mad..you big mad..I’m happy..leave me alone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
F*ck outta here Rockets-Spurs has been more entertaining than the whole Eastern Conference playoffs combined, and that's not saying much :francis:
Foh:camby:6 games where most were blow outs and James Harden quit at the end

Celtics vs Wizards was 7 games with a bunch of close games

Scholar

Superstar
Daps
Playoffs need to be 1-16 teams with the best records. They need to get rid of conferences

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Blatant lie:comeon:

That's like somebody saying Tim Duncan "teamed up with David Robinson" or Russell Westbrook & James Harden "teamed up with Durant", or Kobe Bryant "teamed up with Shaq":usure:

Oh no it's not. This will be good - I love it when people don't know shyt and I get to turn their mythological childhood heroes back into messy reality. :mjgrin:

Duncan went into the draft when he graduated. Westbrook/Harden had no way of knowing who would draft them.

Magic purposely left college early so he could join forces with Kareem.
http://articles.latimes.com/1991-06-05/sports/sp-83_1_lakers
This Decision Was Beyond Coin Flip

Magic Johnson would have returned to Michigan State rather than play for the Chicago Bulls.

"I'd have stayed in school," he said here Tuesday, standing alone outside Gate 3 1/2 of Chicago Stadium, the house that could have been his. "A coin toss changed the course of my whole life." Chicago called heads in a 1979 coin flip with Los Angeles for the No. 1 pick in the NBA college draft. It came up tails.

Johnson signed with the Lakers after his sophomore year of college and proceeded to win five championships. The Bulls picked second, took UCLA's David Greenwood and have won no championships.

"I wouldn't have played here," Johnson said on the eve of Game 2 of the NBA finals between his team and the team that could have been his. "The only reason I came out was to play with Kareem and the Lakers."

You hear that? The ONLY reason Magic left college early was to team up with the greatest player in NBA history who was still in his prime and rolling out MVP seasons.

And ya'all are getting on Lebron's case for joining a lottery team that had Kyrie. :dead:

Scholar

Superstar
Daps
In the past it would have made things better. This year the teams would change that much if at all and we get Cavs/Warriors early and a an early 2000s-esque pre-determined Finals.
That might happen but it would also add value to the regular season. Teams like the cavs this year wouldn't feel comfortable getting a lower seeding because they would play a higher seed like GS or the Spurs early on

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That might happen but it would also add value to the regular season. Teams like the cavs this year wouldn't feel comfortable getting a lower seeding because they would play a higher seed like GS or the Spurs early on

Or they would just play to the seeding. For example the 2 seed keeps you away from Golden State for the longest...so does the 15 or 3 or 6 or 7. I've been a proponent of the 1-16 in the past and I wouldn't be mad if they went to it but if we are being real, it wouldnt' really change shyt. The cold hard reality is that they don't need 16 teams and the playoffs is too long...only 3 teams matter in most years so who really cares about how 4-16 are seeded? It's hard to have a valuable regular season when you have a 4 round, 7 game playoff setup that allows more than half the league to make it in.

SadimirPutin

Superstar
Daps
I ain't got the time right now to properly respond to everybody because I got to get to this money, but yeah anybody acting like Lebron convincing Bosh to come to Miami and taking less money in order to win a ring (because he couldn't win it on his own) is disingenuous as sh*t. Lebron is good, he's an all time great, but he is a frontrunner from Ohio who likes the Yankees and the Cowboys, and the East sucks, he takes the easy road, but more importantly the East is terrible, deal with it nikkaz, nikkaz is mad because I'm spittin' that real f*ck all y'all nikkaz in Swahili

Wee-Bey-Shrug.gif

so basically you already made up your mind....didnt want a discussion....and only made this thread as a basketball version of an STD

and then when people brought up facts you got to bet back to "making money"

lol the coli really is full of bedwetters man

SadimirPutin

Superstar
Daps
It dont matter the seeding or whether you do it by conference.

IN THE NBA THE BETTER BASKETBALL TEAMS WIN BECAUSE 7 GAME SERIES MEAN YOU HAVE TO PROVE YOUR METTLE

and not rely on a fluky hot streak or a random anomaly to make you a "champion"

75 Others

Stop it Skeeeyyyuuup
Daps
Blatant lie:comeon:

That's like somebody saying Tim Duncan "teamed up with David Robinson" or Russell Westbrook & James Harden "teamed up with Durant", or Kobe Bryant "teamed up with Shaq":usure:

:whoa:

Little known fact, Magic actually did go in the draft to play with kareem, little known fact people do not know. He himself said he would've stayed in college than play for the Bulls

Magic Johnson would have returned to Michigan State rather than play for the Chicago Bulls.

"I'd have stayed in school," he said here Tuesday, standing alone outside Gate 3 1/2 of Chicago Stadium, the house that could have been his. "A coin toss changed the course of my whole life." Chicago called heads in a 1979 coin flip with Los Angeles for the No. 1 pick in the NBA college draft. It came up tails.

mag357

Superstar
Daps
Ive seen john lucas iii murk ur 6'8 all defensive playa... so theres that.

mag357

Superstar
Daps
We back to the "NBA is not entertaining" convo again...
Its simple... Like I stated last time. The NBA is not real. It is scripted. Other teams besides the ones they made storylines for, will not have a chance. so its gonna be boring. But im sure the celtics and cavs will have a few close games. Cavs have been resting. Celts just came off a game 7. The nba cant not afford to have unentertaining conference finals. The celts jus couldnt hit anything until really the 4th quarter