Easy Mo Bee don't get the credit he deserves, top 5 producer and this is why

C-Styles

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Windy City
Out of all the greats, Easy Mo Bee would put in a lot of work when it came to chopping samples and putting sounds together, you really don't get how UNDERRATED HE WAS until he explains how he did some of his beats. I would say you could put him above Pete Rock if yall knew any better

Peep some of these clips from a new interview he did and tell me he ain't top 5! :blessed:

Figaro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 36 Chambers
Easy Mo Bee is dope & beat for beat can give most producers a run for their money BUT....to be top 5 you really of got have produced a album back to front that had impact & considered a classic...

He did probably just under half of Ready To Die if i remember correctly but it really isn't enough.

1 of my favorite beats from him that don't get mentioned enough.

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
he's dope and has classic songs but he smoked himself retarded and has no albums under his belt. can't co-sign.

Juggalo Fred

Juggalo and horrorcore enthusiast
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Juggalo island
he's dope and has classic songs but he smoked himself retarded and has no albums under his belt. can't co-sign.

Now or Never is a great album. I bought that way back in the day and still revisit a lot of songs from it. The best song is actually the one Easy raps on (now or never)

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
Now or Never is a great album. I bought that way back in the day and still revisit a lot of songs from it. The best song is actually the one Easy raps on (now or never)

I thought Now Or Never was a pretty decent tape...but:

- it was kinda polarizing. Mo Bee has a particular style. And the beats on there were exactly that style, or else they
were 100 not that style and wierd to hear from him. Like that cut with Angie Martinez and Doo Wop. I was not expecting
to hear that kinda beat, even though Doo Wop killed that.

"Sunstroke" was dope, but again that beat was all over the place. I don't know how he looped that.
That beat he gave the chick and Snoop Dogg was aight, but that sub-bass kinda took me out.

I put Mo Bee up there with Premier an'em, but (I might lose some people here) I don't need a whole album of Premo beats either.
2 or 3 is just fine. Before you jump on me for that, understand Guru was co-producing a lot of those joints.

Awesome Wells

The Ghost of Jack Tripper
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
Couple quick points, Mo Be didn't produce all of Now or Never. He had some help on that one, so that doesn't really count.

Secondly, Mo Bee is a legend, but he's definitely not Top 5. His early run was classic, but he started slipping once his personal issues took his focus away from music. He's not in the same league as the Premo's and Pete's because his output and impact isn't on their level. He's one of the few OG's from his era, who never led and oversaw his production over an artist, the way RZA, Howie Tee, Erick Sermon, Dre, Marley, Dilla, Tip, or Prince Paul have. And that's definitely affected his legacy.