Ebro and Tariq Nasheed debating over #DACA

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
DJIXPxYVoAA_Cdo.jpg:small

Damn right...I mean why we have to be on the front lines for ourselves AND eeverybody else...fukk all that:birdman:

You have black people who believe that blacks have no specific needs hence why blacks should be superman for people who dont care about them.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
I think the HYON rhetoric is really interesting given that I've never actually seen any ethnic group go to the African American community to help their cause... For example, when Latinos assemble for an illegal immigration rally, they are not actively seeking or even relying on a strong AA turnout, and in other words, Latinos have been "holding their own nuts" as any other group does...

The whole point is to speak out against perceived injustices in this country, because most rational people just want every person regardless of creed color race identity etc to be on an equal playing field, or an access to equal opportunity.

By rationalizing silence with the HYON rhetoric, you're effectively turning a blind eye to oppressive legislation, which I couldn't nor would I ever do.

This is my point with the DACA shyt. Cats on here seem to not understand legislative precedence. By ignoring shyt like DAPL, you give the green light to the government to build more pipelines in dangerous areas. By ignoring the DACA repeal, you give the green light for more anti-minority legislation. You literally say "ya'll wanna fukk with muslim/latino/trans people...COOL with us, black folks won't get in your way." Not understanding that means you are the very next in line to be fukked with.

How many times have we said that "White folks who don't speak out against police brutality and white supremacy are COMPLICIT in its proliferation?"
This is literally the SAME thing.

I don't understand how we as black people, who have been so victimized, are ok with the victimization of other people.

Huellz Santana

Shocking
Daps
Reppin
Da city where the skinny nikkas die
at a high level I fukks with the HYON mentality. Because at it's core, its about black people working on ourselves and focusing inward.

it CAN however, be problematic because it is divisive. A real life example is a couple of years ago when I was in grad school, an Indian girl stopped us at the end of class to plead for help for earthquake victims in her home country. She was crying and everything. Meanwhile I was sitting at my desk with the :stopitslime: face because nobody really gave a fukk about all of the police brutality going on. I would plead with my classmates to show up to one of our events in support of black rights but they aint wanna deal with it. But when this Indian girl stood up everyone all of a sudden wanted to help.

:rudy:

Looking back I'm not happy about my mentality in that moment. It is what it is. That's why I understand HYON but can see the flaws.​

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
Not for the reasons he said but Ebro is right. ANYBODY could be next to be deported so we got to fight. Like the beginning of the Holocaust, "when they came for so and so I said nothing, but when they came for me it was too late"
That applies to latinos

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
This is my point with the DACA shyt. Cats on here seem to not understand legislative precedence. By ignoring shyt like DAPL, you give the green light to the government to build more pipelines in dangerous areas. By ignoring the DACA repeal, you give the green light for more anti-minority legislation. You literally say "ya'll wanna fukk with muslim/latino/trans people...COOL with us, black folks won't get in your way." Not understanding that means you are the very next in line to be fukked with.

How many times have we said that "White folks who don't speak out against police brutality and white supremacy are COMPLICIT in its proliferation?"

I don't understand how we as black people, who have been so victimized, are ok with the victimization of other people.
Because other people behaved the same way. Why bother now?

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Not only is this incorrect, it's highly ironic.

The truth is that black Americans, out of every group are the least ok with the victimization of others and we have a long track-record to back it up. We constantly let others co-opt our movements for their own selfish interests.

Try this experiment and tell me how it works: Everything you said about Hispanics, replace with black people and vice versa.

So your question should really read:
"I don't understand how Hispanic people, who have been so victimized, are ok with the victimization of black people."

Once Hispanics can answer this question maybe we'll start giving a shyt about their questions :manny:

I've seen black naturally-born citizens arguing and fighting for the rights of those like Elian Gonzalez, or fighting against the wall.

I would love to see Mexicans march to get Africa restored on the DV list.... But I know it wont happen... But I've seen black Americans take up that fight:ohhh:

I would love to see Asian lawyers representing African immigrants in deportation hearings pro-bono... But it would take a miracle for that to happen. But there are black law firms who specialize in this :ohhh:

Black Americans have put every single fukkin minority on their back and still some of us trying to act like they havent done enough.

It's really annoying as hell.

Huellz Santana

Shocking
Daps
Reppin
Da city where the skinny nikkas die
An interesting stance on Ebro's behalf considering he just had a rant not long ago stating that whenever black people try to focus on ourselves/tend to our own needs we get hate and are called "racist" Now, here you have Tariq stating the same thing and Ebro does a complete turn saying "nah we gotta help them out and be leaders" etc. It's like some of these personalities can't even remember what they said a week ago and contradict themselves subsequently.

Personally, I don't think they are going to get rid of those immigrants as many capital holders want them here for cheap labor and in turn they have to most lobbying power to make sure the immigration laws remain lenient. They will probably do some light work on the surface to make it seem as if they are tightening up but slip in some loopholes to make sure they can have their cheap labor similar to what is happening right now with the NAFTA re-negotiations. As of right now they already have somewhere around 9 states suing the Trump administration in defense of DACA, so that should be eye opening for Black Americans.

My best advice to fellow descendants of slaves is to watch this closely and get a better understanding of how white supremacy works but beyond that I don't think we should be expending any large amounts of energy on this subject.

And here's the kicker folks... nothing is going to come of this. Too many people depend on illegals. it is what it is.

yet another reason for black people to sit on out this one. what corporate interests are their behind black causes? I don't see any major companies championing anything related strictly to us.​

Asicz

Presume the unpredictable
Daps
Fact:
Blacks polled and voted overwhelmingly in favor of immigration policies even with high black unemployment numbers.

HabitualLineSteppa

....Fuh Q.
Daps

1. We've never fallen OUT of line to be fukked with breh. We're still numero uno in the "White Supremacy victim" line.
I assume you know that from a historical perspective. Our hell literally have NAMES for it and are systemic breh (Slavery, Jim Crow, PIC, War on Drugs, etc).

2. Thing is, our indifference to the plight of others is a NEW IDEA that hasn't even manifested to the point to show the impacts of our "benign neglect" on others yet. Cause that would take a collective effort to do :patrice:

IMO, our works should not be geared towards exhausting ourselves to fight against other people's community specific issues. It hasn't worked in our favor. Ever. Beyond sexual access, what do black people in the US have to show for our support and solidarity for other people's plights? Better question what do we have to show for others involving themselves in our affairs? :manny:

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State

Bruh don't mix a pipeline in with citizenship status.

Dont do that.