EDIT: Paul Ryan AND Senate Intelligence Committee: There is no wiretap.

Superstar
Daps
http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/16/politics/paul-ryan-wiretap-response/

Washington (CNN)House Speaker Paul Ryan said Thursday that "no such wiretap existed," citing intelligence reports to House leaders after President Donald Trump accused then-President Barack Obama of wiretapping Trump Tower last year.

"The intelligence committees, in their continuing, widening, ongoing investigations of all things Russia, got to the bottom -- at least so far with respect to our intelligence community -- that no such wiretap existed," Ryan said in response to a question from CNN at a news conference.

Ryan's comment comes as Trump and the White House have retreated from the President's stunning accusation in a tweet two weeks ago.

"When I say wiretapping, those words were in quotes. That really covers -- because wiretapping is pretty old-fashioned stuff -- but that really covers surveillance and many other things. And nobody ever talks about the fact that it was in quotes, but that's a very important thing," Trump told Fox News Wednesday.

The four lawmakers leading the House and Senate intelligence committees looking into Russia's interference in the US elections have all said they have not seen any evidence to back up Trump's claims. The House Intelligence Committee has requested any evidence of a wiretap from the Justice Department by Monday.

:mindblown:

Jhoon

Spontaneous Mishaps and Hijinks
Daps
Because the second highest-ranking member of the GOP just admitted there was no wiretap. That's news, bruh.

Red hats need to be reminded of their failures every minute of every day, until they get it.
The failure is they control all 3 branches of the government and they appear for now stuck in the mud.

Darth Nubian

I bought my first Ki from my baby momma brother
Daps
Reppin
The Black Star
Because the second highest-ranking member of the GOP just admitted there was no wiretap. That's news, bruh.

Red hats need to be reminded of their failures every minute of every day, until they get it.
Is that some type of moral victory? Ryan admitting this won't derail the republican agenda.

QuintessentialMan

Banned
Supporter
Daps
This is just a mini L but an L nonetheless.
Travel ban pt2 not working is another L
Obamacare repeal bill is trash. That's gonna be the biggest L so far. It's Doa at the Senate. That's the fu***ry I need.

Breh13

Smh.
Supporter
Daps
Everyone already knew this.

President following Breitbart who sourced their story from a conspiracy nut, when he could have asked the many people in his IC staff. :scusthov:

Darth Nubian

I bought my first Ki from my baby momma brother
Daps
Reppin
The Black Star
:snoop:

It's called sowing discord.

Republicans did it for eight years, to great success.

This is my 21st year of living under a Republican administration. At the end of the day, repubs are going to fall in line like the lemmings they are and they are going to support the leadership's agenda. Don't be fooled by the public statements. Its all for show. Each one of them will be able to return to their districts and claim that they spoke truth to power. In the mean time the same bogus agenda will be passed with few if any changes.

Tommy Fits

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
QUEENS NY
I think republicans already have their course of action laid out following a Trump impeachment. the fact the highest ranking member of the GOP saying this is pretty news worthy. Everything said about trump they defended...until now.

Superstar
Daps
Senate panel leaders: no evidence to Trump claim of Obama wiretap

The Republican and Democratic leaders of the Senate Intelligence Committee said on Thursday they saw no evidence to support President Donald Trump's claim that the Obama administration tapped his phones during the 2016 presidential campaign.

"Based on the information available to us, we see no indications that Trump Tower was the subject of surveillance by any element of the United States government either before or after Election Day 2016," Republican Chairman Richard Burr and Senator Mark Warner, the committee's Democratic vice chairman, said in a statement.

Trump, a Republican, made the accusation in a series of early morning posts on Twitter on March 4, six weeks after he took over the presidency from Democrat Barack Obama and amid rising scrutiny of his campaign's ties to Russia.

The top Republican in Congress, House of Representatives Speaker Paul Ryan, on Thursday added his voice to those rejecting Trump's contention.

"The point is, the intelligence committees in their continuing, widening, ongoing investigation of all things Russia, got to the bottom - at least so far - with respect to our intelligence community that - that no such wiretap existed," Ryan told reporters.

Trump accused Obama of wiretapping him during the late stages of the campaign, but provided no evidence. Obama said through a spokesman that it was "simply false."

"How low has President Obama gone to tapp my phones during the very sacred election process. This is Nixon/Watergate. Bad (or sick) guy!," Trump wrote.

At least four congressional committees added the startling accusation in their investigations of possible Russian meddling in the election campaign and Russian ties to Trump and his associates.

On Wednesday, House of Representatives Intelligence Committee Chairman Devin Nunes, a Republican, and top Democrat Adam Schiff told reporters they had seen no evidence that Trump Tower was tapped and said they would ask Federal Bureau of Investigation Director James Comey about the issue during a public hearing on Monday.

Ryan told reporters he received the same intelligence briefing as Nunes and Schiff.

Trump appeared to back away from his accusation of wiretapping in a Fox News interview on Wednesday night.

"But wiretap covers a lot of different things. I think you’re going to find some very interesting items coming to the forefront over the next two weeks," Trump said.

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
This is my 21st year of living under a Republican administration. At the end of the day, repubs are going to fall in line like the lemmings they are and they are going to support the leadership's agenda. Don't be fooled by the public statements. Its all for show. Each one of them will be able to return to their districts and claim that they spoke truth to power. In the mean time the same bogus agenda will be passed with few if any changes.

:mjgrin: