Education alone can’t solve America’s racial wealth gap

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
not an aa so no reparations for me I guess :to:

If people just focused on home ownership they would be fine. There's very little holding people back from buying a home today.

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
not an aa so no reparations for me I guess :to:

If people just focused on home ownership they would be fine. There's very little holding people back from buying a home today.
sorry home ownership does not make you fine. thats a farce. its more to it than that.

home ownership is not an investment aside from attaining a place where your kids(if you have any) can have a home thats paid for when you're 65+ years old or dead and gone. which then means they only have to pay taxes on it and not rent. or if they choose to sell or rent it out then and only then does it become an investment for the original owner. but thats becoming a landlord. you didnt say that.

Mission249

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
actually cutting a bunch of checks is just what the doctor ordered.
Not a good idea.
you thinking otherwise is because we have all been brainwashed and conditioned to believe broke people only buy rims and gold chains/weaves and jordans.
I'm sure some people feel that way, but you framing it as if it's the major argument against throwing cash at the hood is just you projecting your personal insecurities about the hood's perception.
yes they buy those things just like middle class people purchase all sorts of crap they dont need
Yes, exactly. That's why I wouldn't throw money at the middle class either. Damn, I wouldn't even throw cash at the upper class. Unfortunately, we already did that, labeled it "trickle down economics" and had to live with some terrible consequences.