Einstein was overrated

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
Yeah I said it :birdman:

I started getting into all these science shows over the past year then when G-2 dropped, I went crazy on the science streams.

Anybody who's taken college level physics probably read about Maxwell's equations and came away thinking "damn Einstein kind of piggybacked off his predecessors including Newton" :ohhh:

Now, I'm not saying relativity wasn't a legit theory, I'm saying he doesn't deserve this "greatest scientist ever" moniker he was granted post WWII.

* Didn't come up with Lorentz transformations
* Didn't come up with the concept of space time
* Most of the work fleshing out relativity came LONG after he proposed it. And a lot of it well after his death. So a lot of the "discoveries" of relativity belong to other scientists
* Had a bad habit of being flat out wrong and shytting on other scientists. Only to be later outed as wrong.
** shyt on Schwartzschild who theorized black holes which buried the idea for decades when Schwartzchild died
** shyt on Hubble's discovery that the universe was expanding (based on his flawed understanding of his own proposal). Einstein didn't believe it and created a fudge factor to make the universe constant.
** I couldn't find the video, but there's an old physicist interview on YouTube where he corrected Einstein and his colleagues buried it because of Einstein's prestige. Dude still said "fukk you" and appended it to his thesis.
* Niels Bohr was considered the most famous physicist before the history rewrite began
* He never actually won a Nobel for relativity (for the photoelectric effect I believe), probably because he didn't flesh out his work

For those of you saying "aint no way :stopitslime:" it's not the first time history has been rewritten

* The Camelot-izing of the Kennedy's by Jackie after the assassinations. They were mobbed-up, white trash, booze smuggling drunks with no self control (why they all end up killing themselves so much).
* Elliot Ness was some drunk nobody cop who created his myth telling lies to anyone at the bar who'd listen to him
* Amelia Earhart was a minor character in history who fukked up, but her sister rebooted her legacy.

• Dap
Reactions: jeh

null

Daps
Reppin
UK,DE,MUFC,DMV
* Didn't come up with Lorentz transformations
* Didn't come up with the concept of space time
* Most of the work fleshing out relativity came LONG after he proposed it. And a lot of it well after his death. So a lot of the "discoveries" of relativity belong to other scientists
* Had a bad habit of being flat out wrong and shytting on other scientists. Only to be later outed as wrong.
** shyt on Schwartzschild who theorized black holes which buried the idea for decades when Schwartzchild died
** shyt on Hubble's discovery that the universe was expanding (based on his flawed understanding of his own proposal). Einstein didn't believe it and created a fudge factor to make the universe constant.
** I couldn't find the video, but there's an old physicist interview on YouTube where he corrected Einstein and his colleagues buried it because of Einstein's prestige. Dude still said "fukk you" and appended it to his thesis.
* Niels Bohr was considered the most famous physicist before the history rewrite began
* He never actually won a Nobel for relativity (for the photoelectric effect I believe), probably because he didn't flesh out his work.

also doubted "spukhaftefernwirkung" which IIRC he called his biggest mistake.

still a GOAT though and a nobel prize winner.

:wow:

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I don't really agree. Whether or not he's the GOAT scientist is up to opinion but the importance of relativity shouldn't be downplayed.

You literally couldn't have something like GPS without it.