Elimination Chamber Will Now Be Used To Set Up Summer Slam

Green Ranger

I Am Legend
Daps
Reppin
Angel Grove California
As of now, the current plan in WWE is to scrap the Elimination Chamber PPV in February, and potentially move it to June, replacing the Payback PPV. Payback will likely be moved to May or a different month.

If WWE does indeed go through with this plan, the idea will be to use the Elimination Chamber PPV/match to help setup the main event of SummerSlam in August.

HYDRO

Old Member
Daps
Reppin
N.W.I.
nobody else does really. Its raw roulette status. The mantle of KOTR is dope but a PPV based on a tournament is a prove loser.

and good move by WWE shifting EC...its good to handle pre-mania title changes but rumble is better at that.
I wnjoyed it
...used to love the bracketa...the idea that a tournament could build a future to me is a dope concept

AnotherRoute

Just another post by
Daps
Reppin
BR..O..OK...LYN
Mania sells itself, Summerslam is the subscription renewal show. Makes sense

It was for me I choose not to renew after summer slam I like this idea and I maybe in the minority but I would actually prefer no ppv between Royal Rumble and Mania

TrueEpic08

Dum Shiny
Daps
Reppin
SoCal State Beaches
Not a bad idea at all. Wouldn't want them to get rid of it, since the Chamber is actually still useful as a way to declare a #1 Contender, but it was only useful between the Rumble and Mania when there were two belts (and even then they often used it wrong). With the belts unified, there's no need for it to be in February.

MITB needs to be moved, though. @Jmare007's idea seems to work best; the Fall period generally sucks for WWE, so use MITB to spice it up a bit.